Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Samantha's Boutique - Dunchurch

19 of February of 2015 at 13:12 Posted on Planning 0 4

So, I had a nightmare day yesterday! I found out the shop I bought my dress from has shut down! No warning, or notification – it’s now a salon! ?

It was Samantha’s Boutique in Dunchurch. I just wanted to post on here in case any other brides’ had bought from there over the past year. They also owned a shop called Amore Bridal in Dunchurch as well – that is closed down as well. I think they have been closed about 3 months now.

I rang the designer of my dress and they confirmed it for me. Luckily I have been able to re-order the dress with them, and have it delivered elsewhere but I had a very stressful 24 hours! The shop also ran off with my deposit, and apparently the designer never even received the order even though I ordered it in June last year!

I think I’m still in shock a little bit that this could happen! You hear about these things but never think it’ll happen to you!

I hope nobody else has bought from there. If you have, I would suggest you ring the designer like I did – they should be able to help. My wedding is June and they said they could get me a dress by then. Also, if you paid your deposit on card ring them and ask for a refund.

It was a nightmare but hopefully all sorted. I think my blood pressure has just about come back down…..

4 replies

Latest activity by halloweeny, 20 of February of 2015 at 13:29
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

That's awful. Not the sort of thing you want to hear before your wedding. Glad it's getting sorted x

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I heard about them shutting down as I live in Rugby, but how awful that they took your deposit! Glad you managed to get it sorted! I went there for my very first dress-trying on experience and have to say I wasn't impressed with their service, they'd double booked so my mum and I were left to it whilst the assistant helped a woman who had happened to arrive before me!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I'd go and see the CAB if I were you. They shouldn't have done that and you are now a creditor of their's if they are going into liquidation.

You might be able to get some of the deposit back.

If you have wedding insurance contact them as this should be covered.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics