Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 1999

Same sex wedding planner book?

LuxuriousGreenFlowers337, 5 of March of 2015 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hoping someone can help me... My sister has just engaged to her girlfriend and I am looking for a wedding planning book that is suitable for same sex couples. Trouble is ive only really seen them online and you can't check the content, can anyone reccomend a planner that is suitable for 2 ladies?? Thanks in advance x

10 replies

Latest activity by Nims, 8 of March of 2015 at 20:34
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I am not 100% sure, but have a look on Etsy, as there are a lot of personalised wedding relates things on there. Here is what a quick search gave me:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/218615608/lgbt-wedding-planning-kit-editable

it is a digital file that has to be printed, but you could always get it printed professionally and buy a pretty ring binder to put it all in :-)

Unfortunately, the mainstream wedding industry isnt that open minded when it comes to the extra stuff.

Hopefully some of our LGBT brides/grooms/newleyweds will be able to point you in some other directions. :-)

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I've FAOd SillyWrong over in OT so hopefully she'll be over soon and might have some suggestions.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry i can't help, but as ID said this is very annoying!

• RomanticPinkConfetti274
    Beginner June 2016
    RomanticPinkConfetti274 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had trouble finding one that I liked, so I made my own planner. Just get a pretty lever arch, you could decorate the front with photos of your sister and her girlfriend. Inside add dividers, clear document holders, lined paper, print out a monthly calendars, up until their wedding day. Also add a small zip wallet for pens, pencils, post its , paper clips, bulldog clips, e.t.c.

I had fun making my own, if your not sure how to make it, pop over to YouTube, there are several tutorials on there.

?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - my wedding planning consisted of a spreadsheet and pinterest!

To be honest, I'm not overly keen on 'gay' stuff - it seems to all be very stereotypical, rainbow flags and converse! Make them one!! That would be lovely Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    Tooinvolvedgroom ·
    • Hide content

Paperchase had some in last seasons wedding collection, maybe worth checking if there's any left. Or keeping an eye out for when the new collection comes out

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

We have this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Golden-Heart-Luxury-Wedding-Planner/dp/B006GZFPNU

It is NOT suitable for same sex couples, it does specify bride & groom a few times. Just wanted to share this in case that was one of the ones you were looking at.

• L
    Beginner January 1999
    LuxuriousGreenFlowers337 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll continue my search x

p.s SillyWrong love your name, that line is from one of our wedding songs Smiley smile

• foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at pukka pad academic planners, comes with calendar, spacers with wallet opening and of course note pages as well as week by week diary. Rip out the bits which aren't applicable (its on a ring binder), and customise the front cover with pictures of your sis and partner. Smiley smile

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I'm a gayer and I agree with SW. It's really sweet of you though. I'd deffo make them one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics