Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

Sample sale?? How do they work

LuxuriousBlueDiamonds49, 12 of February of 2015 at 20:30 Posted on Planning 0 4

So I have fallen in love with a dress......BUT it's £1850 with no alterations, no veil, shoes etc etc.

I hadn't planned spending that amount.

As it's a 2015 pronovias dress, by the time I get married aug 16 surely there will be a sale before then to grab a bargain.

I'm unsure hiw they work though lol, when do they happen etc

4 replies

Latest activity by Simply Ceremonies Uk, 14 of February of 2015 at 16:47
  • Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Sample sales usually happen in January as boutiques get ready for the new year, and some happen late summer. If it's a 2015 dress that means it's brand new collection so it's unlikely to go in the sample sale anytime soon unless they have no interest in it.

maybe keep an eye out for a Preloved version of your dress later this year? Everyone getting married this year probably chose from the 2014 collection though.

the other thing with sample sale is you have to fit the dress size (depending on style they can rarely be let out, or taken in more than 2 sizes), and check the quality (eg no fake tan marks, underarm sweat marks, beads missing, holes in the fabric or snags from caught rings or heels)

Lots to think about with a sample sale gown - it can be a great bargain but it does require patience and good timing.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    stephers01 ·
    • Hide content

Everything Cache 13 says is true.

I think it's very risky waiting to see if it goes into the sample sale event. The thing is it might be a popular dress so the wedding shop might keep it in their main collection for longer. Also it might be popular to try on and therefore might be in that bad condition that the dress will get written off and not sold in a sale at all.
    If you were getting married in 2017 then I wouldn't be as concerned but depending on the dress it might not end up making it into the sale for when you need it.

Then obviously there's the small matter of the size, lol. Will it be your size. Also with a sample dress, the colour slightly changes over time so you will then need to purchase a sample veil. If not your new veil will stick out like a sore thumb against your dress x

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Watch Say Yes to the Dress' episode on their "Blow Out Sale" ha ha.

Sample sales depend on when the boutique has it so you could call them up and ask so you don't miss out.

You can also look out for Trunk Shows where there are typically discounts on the current collection. For example, The Wedding Dress Shop in Wimbledon is having a Pronovias trunk show on 27/28 Feb. It's not as frantic as a sale, and you can order the right size, etc.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really. I had no idea. Mines a sample dress from a sample shop and she didn't tell me that, just asked if I was planning on loosing weight, chances are I'll have dropped more than 2 sizes by the time I go for me fitting ?

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

Look out for designer days. Different shops will offer between 10-20% off the new collection if ordered over that weekend. If you like the shop you've tried the dress on in, perhaps you could negotiate a small discount with them. They may not have had many girls try on the dress so may be willing to sell the sample off the rail earlier than normal. They may not if it's likely to be a best seller for them.

the 2015 collections were probably delivered prior to Xmas ( they are usually ordered between July-Sept) so if this is the case, the shop may already have decided to keep or get rid of the dress. What works for one area doesn't necessarily work for another part of the country so ring around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics