Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Sample sales - herts, beds or bucks

30 June, 2011 at 18:45 Posted on Planning 0 14

Does anyone know of any sample sales going on or if any bridal shops have a sale on in the Herts Beds or Bucks region? I desperately need to get a dress but only have a budget of £500!! I tried getting one off ebay but it was miles too small. Then I tried ordering one off BHS and just didn't like it - was a bad fit, tight in some places, really loose in others, and just didn't get a good feel for it. So I now need to hit a sale or two and try and get a dress before September ?

14 replies

Latest activity by Ceg Bear, 4 July, 2011 at 13:00
  • greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

I think the white wardrobe in hitchin has a sale on x

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress new from the bridalwear company in newbury for £399...also look at glamorous gowns in farnborough, i nearly got one of hers for £250

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Preloved?

I am selling my dress on there... perfect condition, you would never know it had been worn!

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.glamourousgowns.co.uk/

http://www.thebridalwearcompany.co.uk/

sorry thought id added these onto my other reply

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Jonathan James "Celia" - label says 10 but I'm a fudgey 10/12 - might be a little over your budget but a lot of sellers will let you look before you buy?

https://www.preloved.co.uk/classifieds/marriage/wedding-clothes-bridal-wear?archivedAdvert=true

• V
    Beginner February 2012
    ViperLP ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of getting mine from http://www.swoonweddinggowns.co.uk/

They sell new, pre-worn and sample dresses at really good prices, quite a few dresses under £500. You can choose several dresses that you like from the website and then make an appointment to go and try them on.

Their studio is on the M25 about 35mins from Beaconsfield, Bucks.

Hope that helps x

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! The Elle Sanderson bridal boutique in Beaconsfield, Bucks, regularly hosts these sorts of things. Also try the Wedding Centre in Marlow - although that can be a little more expensive. Hope this helps!

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Hey there,

It's a little bit further out but Wedding Belles in Bandbury is where I got my dress from and the prices were amazing in their sale!! Not sure if they have one at the moment but I would definetly say its worth a look. The service in there was fantastic.

xx

• C
    Beginner September 2011
    Ceg Bear ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I don't know if this is any help, but i have a beautiful size 14 dress for sale. It is Mori Lee (BL817) taffeta wedding dress, size 14. It has never been worn, and never will be by me as I have bought another dress. The dress is in good condition and completely unaltered. It is only being sold as I have chosen a different shaped dress. Although the dress is size 14 it would fit anyone between sizes 12 – 16 due to the corset back. The dress is a stunning fishtail design, with a sweetheart neckline and delicate beading on the bust and down the left hand side of the dress. There is beautiful beading on the bottom on the dress and train.

If you are interested I have lots of pictures of the dress (with me wearing it and up close of the beading detail) – just email me if you would like to see them.

The dress is being sold with its own dress bag, detachable straps and extra beading. I do also have a stunning two tier veil for sale that matches this dress perfectly, but unfortunately does not match my new dress.

I bought this dress for £750 and would like £450 + P&P, but i am happy to discuss the price and you trying it on beforehand!

My email address is: *************@*******.***, if you are interested.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics