Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

snow bride
Beginner June 2016

Sand Coloured Trousers / Waistcoats??

snow bride, 25 of June of 2014 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 4

So we're having a budget wedding but due to large family / social circle we're trying to prove that you can have all the bells and whistles of a big wedding on a budget!

We had planned for the men to all wear their own suits and we just provide them with matching ties (we have 9 - Yes NINE! - men in suits...) to keep costs down.

But then I stupidly looked on Pinterest and have fallen in love with this!

We're having a summer laid back wedding and this would suit us perfect!

I initially thought we could do it with pale grey waistcoats and trousers from Primark (dirt cheap = gooood) but we now both really like the sand coloured suits!

But I've looked everywhere! (debenhams, moss, house of fraser, matalan, next, m & s) and there just doesn't seem to be sand coloured suits around. We don't want a jacket, just the trousers and waistcoat.

Has anyone seen any?

And I'm assuming I'm completely pushing my luck to see if anyone has seen them in teeny sizes? (2-3 years and 3-4 years, lol).

Thanking you in advance Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by emjjarvy, 25 of June of 2014 at 19:37
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Next have some trousers & waistcoates for £35 each in a light stone colour. They look ok on the website so might be worth a look.

https://www.next.co.uk/g63104s2

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Hey Winterbride, I saw them in store and they're def a light grey Smiley sad

Plus to be honest £70 per person is waaaaay out of our budget Smiley sad

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Tiny proved easier than adult:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/4-piece-linen-blend-waistcoat-outfit-with-bow-tie-1-7-years-/p/clp22296857

I'll keep l;ooking for adult size

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

That's a shame they're not the right colour. Can you not ask if they'd be willing to contribute so you get a better quality that they will be able to wear again?

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

I got the m&s outfit for my pageboy!
    Our groomsmen got their waistcoats from river island, now £28 ( http://www.riverisland.com/men/suits/waistcoats/White-slim-waistcoat-278381 ) but are wearing with chinos (£20 from next).
    Zara do a linen suit too. I really struggled to find his colour, drove me mad!!
    You can see pics of the groomsmen outfits in my planning thread in my signature below xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics