Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chuckley122
Beginner September 2016

Santorini wedding and reception ideas!

Chuckley122, 14 of April of 2013 at 22:29 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 24

Hi there girlies, my names Cheryl and I'm 33, been engaged a year now and we have finally decided to get married, has anyone ever got married at Dana villas, were looking at that for the wedding venue but I'm stuck for a reception, I'm looking for something we can have music and have a lovely meal, I've been looking at the pyrgos taverna and also the theros wave beach bar for the reception, I've asked a few websites reg prices and none have gotten back to me yet. Just want some people's opinions and also any ideas.

Cheers my lovelies xxxx

24 replies

Latest activity by Vikkie, 11 of June of 2015 at 16:41
  • spenerella
    Beginner August 2014
    spenerella ·
    • Hide content

Are you looking at Ionian Weddings? We've picked the Santo winery package with a reception at Pyrgos. It did take Grace a while to get back to me when I through some potential dates at her but communication with the vendors on the island is apparently really slow at this time of year (season only just starting in a few weeks). Since we found out that our date was available she's been really on the ball and has arranged a telephone consultation with us a few times to iron out any details.

Not actually had the wedding yet (August 4th next year) so I can't vouch too much for them but it's all been fairly straight forward so far.

When I asked her about having our own DJ and what time the party could run on till she did say they were very flexible and happy for the party to continue to the wee small hours!

Let me know how you get on. Just found out that a colleague had their honeymoon on Santorini so I'll pick his brains for us and let you know if I get any hot tips!

Spenerella xx

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

Well I've emailed about 6 different company's to try and get the cheapest quote. Only Grace at Ionian weddings has got back to me at the moment at around €5000, so gonna see what everyone else says' I would of loved the theros wave bar as my reception but its just ok expensive. I'm either thinking of the reception at Dana villas after having my wedding there or pyrgos. Because there will only be around 30 max of us I don't want something massive.

Thanks for the info and keep in touch!

Chezza x

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

That should say too expensive it ok, damn bloody ipad!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Im getting married in Santorini in 6 weeks and im having a ceremony at st Irene chapel and a reception at Theros wave bar, i have gone with Ionian weddings. They have been amazing. The whole package for me for 22 guests came to 6,600 which is a very good price. A girl i know is doing santo winery and theros wave bar and hers is coming to around 8500 - she has used Divine weddings and is going peak season.

What month are you planning on getting married and how many guests. I have tons of information and package prices etc so can try my best to help you out Smiley smile xx xx

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply, omg how excited you must be! I wish I was you now and not waiting another year and a half. Nothing booked as of yet as just looking for the cheapest deal, I'm looking at September 2014 as both me and my partner do seasonal work. There should be around 25-30 people I think, my main dream would be getting married at Dana villas at sunset and it covered in candles, lots of material and my nearest and dearest. The reception I want something intimate but not too expensive, want somewhere we can have music, good food and good laughs, and we can hire some tradional Greek dancers. I have this vision in my head and its hardto translate that down on email, then there is accomodation, hair and makeup. I'm so confused!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

You should get a fairly decent price for september, july and august are very expensive. We went for Theros wave bar because i totally fell in love with it. They have so many pictures on their facebook page and the weddings look simply stunning, plus you get to have a DJ till late and a free bar Smiley smile we are staying in Kamari - best prices and something for everyone.

my hair is included in my package, doing my own make-up though because i dont like other people doing it!. Lol

im having a hot pink, blue and yellow colour theme. Having greek urns with ivy wrapped round as my centrepeices and candles at the base with scatter crystals.

i cant wait, so exciting!!! What is your budget??

your vision sounds lovely! Xxxx

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

Are you providing the urns yourself or are they being provided for you. That sounds so romantic! I really like theros but I just don't think it's in our budget, weddings in santorini are who I've been talking too, are there is a bit where you can submit what you would like and they will come up with a package for you. I'm gonna put down what I'm after and see what price they give and go from there. I'm also confused about the legal papers x

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a plan. I pretty much did that with ionian weddings. Ive got everything over in greece for 6,600 which is pretty good for santorini pricing, that includes all my paperwork, flowers etc....

The paperwork isnt to bad actually the planners take care of that, well mine have as there both UK and greek based. All you need is your full birth certificates and passport and a bill to prove your address you make an appointment at the registra and apply to a certificate of no- impediment. They are valid for 3 months from date of issue, they have to be apostiled at the embassy and translated and then you send your CNI's once they have been apostiled, birth certificate and passport photocopy to your planner who sorts out the greek but.

as mine are UK based they sorted out translations and apostiles.

Its not as complicated as it sounds. Smiley smile xxx

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the help, my mind is made up on the wedding just need to search for receptions now that are not £50 a head, xxxx

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Atmosphere is supposed to be a nice one and pyrgos xxx

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caroline Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies,

I'm also getting married in Santorini in St.Irene's church. We are getting married beginning of Sept and staying in Kamari. It's been suggested Pyrgos and Sphinx. Really unsure what to do. We've been advised that when we get into resort the wedding coordinator will meet with us in the first few days and take us on a tasting session of some of the restaurants etc. I've not heard of The wave bar I'll have to check it out now.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!!!

Caroline x

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

currently in Santorini. Staying at kamari beach hotel. Its s gorgeous place!!! St Irene is a gorgeous venue!!!!

Sky lounge in Kamari is a beautiful venue for a reception. Its in Kamari and is like a roof top bar, really classy.

Xxxxx

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    MisssusJtoB ·
    • Hide content

I'm also looking for reception ideas! We've booked the ceremony in the santo winery but can't decide on a reception venue. It's next June and will be 30-40 guests so any suggestions would be gratefully received. Or if anyone can give me an idea on prices that would be fab x

• B
    BookoninLefkada ·
    • Hide content

Don’t you deserve a little fairy dust on the most important day of your life. Are you dreaming of a beautiful island with blue skies, azure seas and sparkling sand as your fantasy wedding destination. Well dreams can come true through Book On In Lefkada. We can individually design your boutique destination wedding on this beautiful island and take the strain and planning details from your shoulders. Destination weddings are surprisingly affordable and a wonderful way to celebrate your union for both you your family and your friends. We will find the perfect venue to match your requirements and from our in depth knowledge of the island can arrange and advise on so much more. To make your dreams come true just press ‘contact us‘ on the home page of our web site or telephone our wedding planner coordinator Naomi on **** 985 We can also organise Honeymoons, Destination Corporate Events, Team Building Activities, Social Events and so much more on the Ionian Island of Lefkas, Lefkada & Meganissi, Greece.

Book On In Lefkada Ltd

****@****************.***

http://www.bookonin-lefkada.com

http://www.facebook.com/bookonin

http://www.twitter.com/bookonin

• O
    Beginner June 2014
    oliana8184 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Just seen your post, I am getting married at the Santo Winery in June 2014!

How are you plans coming on? Where did you choose as your reception venue in the end?

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    MisssusJtoB ·
    • Hide content

We still havent found our reception venue, has been a nightmare over the winter as no one responds to emails but I am hoping to get a few quotes in the next few weeks.

Have you booked anywhere yet? x

• whitewine33
    Beginner September 2014
    whitewine33 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Was

That was spooky! Im Cheryl 34 and been engaged a year! haha Looking at Santorini for our Honeymoon Smiley smile

I wish we had married abroad but my OH has a big family so it wasnt an option .. but good luck with your search Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner January 1998
    Bride_2_be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Oliana, I am vert new to this website and am hoping to get married in santorini in 2016.

I see that yoy had yur wedding in June this year, congratulations!!

Do you mind if I ask you what the santo winery was like to get married in? Also, did you use a wedding planner? Would you have any recommendations? Any hep you could give me would be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

Many Thanks Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner September 2016
    Jen351987 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everybody.

Me and my partner have just decided to get married at Dana Villas next September. We are undecided on the reception, we have looked at Sun Rocks Hotel but are awaiting prices etc. can anyone recommend anywhere else as where very open as to where. Also if any of you have any info for wedding planners over there if be very grateful. I don't know where to start x

• J
    Beginner September 2015
    JennyHarl ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

My name is Jenny and been engaged for a month now and e have desided to get married in Greece, Santorini or Rhodes. We are now looking for a wedding planner, to help us deside which option suit us. We met a wedding planner at the National Wedding Show, Joanna from Event-gr.com and she is offering planning services in the two islands and she looked very professional. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thank you,

xx

• Chuckley122
    Beginner September 2016
    Chuckley122 ·
    • Hide content

We'll I still haven't booked anything yet as still very undecided, the only thing that's stopping me booking is two things.

1, who are the cheapest to go with

2, daft I know but I'm not too keen on Greek food, pyrgos has a set wedding menu and most of it I don't like, and if I'm going to be paying a lot of money for the food I want to be able to enjoy it.

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    Santorinibride21 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I just got engaged. We met in Santorini and so we decided to have the wedding there too Smiley smile I have been doing a bit of research. It's a popular destination and I hear it is better to book a venue asap. Especially for a venue with Dana Villas. I absolutely love the terrace. So far we think we would have around 40ish people (very close friends and family). I have contacted couple of wedding planners to get an idea. Since we are having it in July I am pretty sure it would all be quite expensive. My questions is, does anybody know a reasonable place for wedding reception? That is close to Dana Villas. We would love to have it in Dana Villas but the planners have said it only accomodates 24 people and I want a better menu. Please let me know if you guys have good suggestions.

Cheers girls xoxox

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    christa80 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I used Gold- Weddings Santorini for my wedding and were really satisfied.We had our wedding ceremony in a terrace overlooking the caldera,and dinner at a restaurant in Fira,with very nice views ,food and great prices.

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    Lucydx86 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ladies, hope you are all ok.

looking for any advice you may think is beneficial when getting married in santorini. I have booked through Ionian Weddings and chosen Santo Winery and Pyrgos - September 2016.

although it's 15 months away, just want to prep as much as I can, I'm a worrier lol.

hopefully hear from someone soon.

lucy x

• V
    Beginner August 2017
    Vikkie ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone!

We have booked a wedding planner (glam-weddings) who are being fantastic at reply to all of emails (and there has been a lot of them).

At the moment we are looking at having the ceremony at Dana Villas and like a lot of you, are undecided on the reception venue. I am finding everyones comments really helpful but still cannot decide.

My biggest issue at the moment is the timings on the day - I am not sure whether to have a morning or afternoon ceremony (so am unable to currently book Dana Villas). Would anyone mind telling me what their plan for the day is? When are you getting married? How long are you planning to have photographs for?

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics