Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Save The Date Cards - Daytime guests or evening? Question Help!!

BrogstarBride, 30 March, 2012 at 08:03 Posted on Planning 0 13

I want to send out save the date cards so my guests are aware of the date of our wedding, But who do you send them out to? And how will your guests know what bit of the wedding they are invited to from your save the ate card? I mean do you just send them to your daytime guests tht are attending the church, sit down meal etc, or do you send them to your evening guests that will be attending the reception? Im worried if i send them out to all our guests then some of the evening guests will maybe assume they are coming to the daytime?!!!

Sorry if that doesnt make sense! Im new here Smiley smile

Many Thanks!

13 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 30 March, 2012 at 17:19
  • Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

I am sending out 'save the date' cards to people who are invited to the whole day and 'save the evening' cards to people who are just invited to the evening, so hopefully no confusion will occur.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I was just going to send save the date cards to those invited to the whole day. We're having a Saturday wedding so hopefully it won't be an issue for evening guests.

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

We sent out 2 versions of the same card one saying we would love you to join us and one saying we would love for you to join us for our evening celebrations. Just so they were clear

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

We just sent them to the day guests!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

But what do you do if you need to bump evening guests up to day guests?

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depends if you decide to send evening guests a save the date. Maybe delay a month between sending them. We sent ours 12 months before wedding so plenty of time t0 send additional ones if need be

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

We wont be sending save the dates to the evening guests, and are sending our invites early for a couple of reasons including having the time to bump up evening guests without them feeling so last minute.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

We sent ours out to day guests only x

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

We sent the same to everyone, but then our 'eveniong' starts at 4.30 and a number of the eveing people will be travel;ling, so infact they would need most of the day free anyway...

I have had a facebook event STD for an evening reception before as well, and I know the day guests got a physical one.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I sent mine out to our day guests and OH (without my knowledge) also gave some out to some of his evening guests (mainly his work colleagues) which was a bit awkward when we were at his works party and a few of his colleagues seemed to think they were going to be invited the whole day was all a bit cringey but hey ho he has to face them when we send the invites out not me haha.

So i recommend to only send to day guests!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I actually can't help with this because all our guests will be with us all day but having read this I'm pleased I don't have to worry over it.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I too only sent them to day guests as I didn't want evening guests to take time off work or assume they were invited all day as it could be embarrassing. One of my guests who was sent a STD received an evening invite by mistake. Luckily they very politely queried it with me as they weren't sure which part to attend. I was mortified and had to send a correct invite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics