Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Justkeepswimming
Beginner July 2016

Save the date etiquette

Justkeepswimming, 16 of August of 2015 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

Do you send save the date cards to everyone or just the daytime guests? We are having a weekday wedding so want to give people plenty of notice by sending save the dates, however I don't want the evening guests to assume they are invited to the whole thing and then be disappointed.

Thanks for your help!

6 replies

Latest activity by Justkeepswimming, 17 of August of 2015 at 16:00
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I would either send them just to daytime guests, or have two sets printed - one saying 'invitation to follow' and the other saying 'evening invitation to follow'.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Personally I only sent them to day guests. I didn't feel the need to send them to evening guests (although to be honest we still haven't finalised that list ?)

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^^^ as above. Evening list still a work in progress

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We had 'save the date' and 'save the evening' with formal invites to follow. That way there was no confusion.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I asked the same question on here! We've sent them to definite full-day guests only. We considered doing separate day/evening invitations, but with a year to go, our guest list could change. We know then numbers that we can afford, but we might sit down to do the invitations and realise that we haven't spoken to Mr and Mrs Smith for ages and would rather invite our newer friends Mr and Mrs Jones to the evening reception instead.

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

We had the same dilemma as well! We ended up deciding on sending save the dates to day guests and saying "formal invitations to follow, but early indication of attendance would be much appreciated!" Hopefully we'll get a few definite no's back (which we're expecting due to people overseas) so we can send out save the dates to others currently on the evening list.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Great, thanks for all the advice Smiley smile I see what you mean about the evening list possibly changing nearer the time. I've decided to just send them to the daytime guests, saves money that way too!

thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics