Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner October 2014

save the date ideas... anyone want to flash theirs? ??

toezilla, 27 of April of 2013 at 23:37 Posted on Planning 0 38

We have set the date!

I want to send out save the date cards later on this year (year and half to go) but have no idea what design to have! We are having mint/gold and linen white as our 'colours'. Any inspiration would be great!!

38 replies

Latest activity by ShaynaV, 3 of June of 2013 at 22:52
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Removed

These are ours Smiley smile They were made into a sort of button magnet! Haven't sent all of them yet, just given out to close family members to save on postage.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine! sent mine out last friday! so we left 10 months gaps. our is more of a 'gamer' ' geeky' theme.

I basically stole the title card for adventure time but redesigned to fit as a save the date fridge magnet!

• Piestar
    Beginner April 2014
    Piestar ·
    • Hide content

I'm making ours, this is them so far, of course there is no date, etc, because even though we know what date we want, until we've actually booked somewhere I can't really put the date on in case. I did enough for the ceremony and reception guests, but was going put on the reception ones that that is what they're invited to. But in another save the date thread on when to send them out, someone said you just send them to the ceremony guests, would it really matter? They're surplus to requirement if not which seems a shame.

Front with envelope

Back

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

Thus is ours. We'll be sending them out next week hopefully! Smiley smile

(ill prob delete the pic a bit later)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not really the done thing to send Save the Dates to evening guests unless you make it clear it is for the evening reception. Most people, upon receiving a Save the Date, would assume they are invited to the whole day so it could make for some awkward/embarrassing moments.

Your Save the Dates are very nice.

• Piestar
    Beginner April 2014
    Piestar ·
    • Hide content

I might do a play about with them to see of its look good if I could make it specific to the reception. I'll have a look. I'm never once to do stuff straight forward! And thank you Smiley smile

I like yours Hannah, the dog looks chuffed to be in it! Smiley laugh

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    Loz85 ·
    • Hide content

Elixia - love your cards! Smiley laugh

And now I'm panicking that I should be doing save the date cards. Freshly engaged and totally overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to do! Eek!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha you don't "have" to send them at all! It's more for if you are getting married during a time when a lot of people go on holiday, you have a big guest list or guests coming from a different country. Take a big breath and go and buy a copy of 'Wedding Ideas' mag ? you're in the right place for lots of help and ideas ?

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha thank you, yeh she likes to be involved! Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not at all! I didn't bother and just sent my invitations about 6 months before the wedding.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

My main reason for is my wedding is on a friday Smiley smile so day guest will need to book the day off.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Sent ours 7 months before wedding, which is just as well because it's less than 10 weeks until the big day and we've not sent the invites (I'm about to pop to the post office to send the first wave of them, lol)

A Hitcher helped us with the image and then we used Vistaprint and it was DIRT cheap. We sent them as postcards with personalised Royal Mail LOVE stamps, with a picture of us on. (cheeeeze!)

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Totally homemade but hardly cost anything! They are magnets too.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Check out wedding chicks too for free templates

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Our save the dates match this stationary

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

We scanned in our engagement cards made an electronic collage of them and then had postcards made of them (vistaprint). The date, our names and the address of our wedding website are on the reverse with a little space for a message on the left and, like a real postcard, a message box on the right.

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

There are some very cute designs on here. I love how much you like your own but it doesnt stop you from liking others as well Smiley smile

These are ours

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Some lovely ones. I love the personalised picture ones!

These are our home made ones x

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

Hope this works! First time trying to flash images!

These are our Save The Dates, I simply designed them in Quark Express and we got our local printing shop to print them up back to back and we cut them to A6 size. They are printed onto recycled brown card and worked out about 25p per Save The Date Smiley smile

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I love this thread, there are some lovely designs and a lot of thought/effort. Well done us! I think those extra touches help make it all so magical, for us and our loved ones (sorry, having a 'goo' moment!) xx

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Let's see if I can figure out how to add a picture ?

Used lots of different colour papers and ribbons, OH had to choose some which were less flowery and pink of course... .but very cheap and cheerful and lots of material left over for invites.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Buffy and Mooshy, they are gorgeous.

There are some fab designs on this thread.

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

We just did Vista business cards, was like £5 for 250 or something stupid! To be honest 99% of people that were given them didn't know what to do with them and still don't know the date.

• gizmobear
    Beginner September 2013
    gizmobear ·
    • Hide content

Loz! dont panic. Congratulations on getting engaged, isnt it exciting, I too was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to do, and today a colleague reminded me of how long I have left...I get married end of September. ,,and I panicked, I had to remind myself to calm down and its going to be great!

We didnt send save the date cards. We just though we would save a bit of money. I know you can make them at home cheaply but we chose not to. We're not getting married in the summer, so guests with school age children won't be on holiday. Obviously you never know if a potential guest will book a holiday or is working and cant get the time off, but thats just a risk you take.

We still havent sent our main wedding or evening invitations, we havent even got them. Dont know what they look like...they dont exist yet! we are sending out at the end of May all being well, with an rsvp of mid July. It has been a minefield considering what we want them to look like, whether we make them ourselves, or get a company to do them, Lots of companies out there. We know what we like and want the invite to follow a theme, which is why it is taking us so long to choose. Hopefully by next week we will have something ordered.

My thinking is that as long as most people know about the date you should be fine, unless you're inviting very distant relatives or friends you never see, then you might be best firing them an email or calling.

dont worry...I have been and its stressful so really trying to chill now. feel free to contact me for advice.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I can't post a picture at the moment but I went for magnets from Vistaprint.

We uploaded our own image which my OH did, left the magnets in my basket and a couple of days later was emailed an offer so got 60 (I think) for about £8 including postage.

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Marmite27 ·
    • Hide content

First time trying to flash, so it may take a while!

This is ours, and the invites/rsvp/menus/order of service will follow the same format.

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

These are a Free Template of Weddingchicks, I might not use them yet and need change the 2 lots of invitation to follow,

Great for people with low budjet Smiley smile

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

These are all amazing!! So many gorgeous designs!! We've just verbally told people to save the date but our guest numbers aren't huge and are mainly family and a few groups of friends - all these gorgeous designs are making me want to do them though just for fun!!! Though maybe I should save my creativity for the invites later down the line!!!!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    Loz85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice (and sorry OP for the thread hijack!). We're going to try to book the venue first and hope the rest falls into place so I suppose we'll decide about save the date cards or just go for invitations once we have the details... Lovely ideas on this thread though. Smiley smile

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a picture yet but we're having wooden hanging hearts with writing burnt/engraved on with the details. A little expensive but hopefully worth it! Figure we only need about 30 as all family groups.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

They are a printed collage of our engagement cards

It's a postcard. On the back is the date and the address and QR code for our wedding website.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

I've just finished putting these together Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics