Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire

Save the Date invites - worth it?

Emily, 28 of September of 2021 at 14:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi Everyone!

We have booked our venue for the day on 17th September 2023. I'm so undecided if i should sent out Save the Dates or not. Are they a waste of time/money?

If not, when would be the time to sent them out?

thank you !

7 replies

Latest activity by Tamsin, 29 of September of 2021 at 21:11
  • A
    Curious October 2021 Berkshire
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content

We didn't bother with save the dates but we sent our invites out relatively early. Also our wedding is in October and we only got engaged last November and hadn't booked the venue until April this year so it felt a bit pointless to send save the dates when we would have the invites out very shortly after.

If my wedding had been as far ahead as yours is I would have sent save the dates to try and avoid as many scheduling conflicts as possible. One of my bridesmaids had to rearrange a family holiday so she could come to my wedding, I am hugely grateful that she was able to do so (I didn't ask her, she offered!) but I had about a week of worrying that she wouldn't be able to come.

• Emily
    Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Luckily, my MOHs and Bridesmaids know. I was set on sending invited 12-9 months before. Maybe Save the Dates after Christmas this year for people booking holidays etc for 2023.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I would send them now as you know your date and the more notice the better. Especially with people planning holidays after the last 18 months you may have people who have booked already l. You can get some cute ones cheap on Etsy. Invites should then go out 4-6 months before
  • H
    Beginner November 2023 Cornwall
    Holly ·
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on doing digital Save The Dates which saves money, time and resources - all you need is Canva and their email addresses. Sorted.
  • Georgina
    Curious April 2022 Essex
    Georgina ·
    • Hide content
    We designed ours on Canva (free to use) created a specific wedding email address (free) & sent save the dates via email! Saved a lot of money but was still able to send them out! We sent ours a year in advance
  • H
    Beginner August 2022
    HappyRedFlowers2937 ·
    • Hide content
    We did digital save the dates. I think it depends on where people are coming from. If people don’t need to book accommodation or anything then I don’t think you need to, but if people do need to book anything then it’s worth sending save the dates. My family is coming from abroad, so I wanted to give them plenty of time to book plane tickets, hotels etc.
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I designed mine on Canva and we whatsapped/emailed them to our guests. Much easier and cheaper too! Postage adds up quickly! I wanted to do digital invites too but OH wants to send out physical invites. We’ll see!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics