Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2024 Ceredigion

Save the date problem.

Hannah, 26 July, 2023 at 15:52 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Ive sent save the dates to 90 people, and now the wedding venue are saying we can only have 75 people in the venue.
Our wedding is 9months away so formal invites havent gone out, and so i don’t actually know what the final numbers will be.

Do you think i can move a few people over to the evening do, even though ive sent the save the date to them?
The save the date cards were very vague and just said.. “ We've set a date for our big day and we can't wait to share it with you.”
Will we look awful? I really want to get married in the place we have booked, and dont want to have to rearrange it all. 😖

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 27 July, 2023 at 10:35
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Hannah. If your save the date didn’t specify I wouldn’t worry about it. Although you can also get save the evening. You may find that not everyone will come. Maybe send your invites out in batches. The first lot need to be in by a certain date (maybe a quick turn around) and then another lot by the next date. Then you may not need to worry. Do you know why your venue reduced the numbers?
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It would be worth asking your venue why they have reduced the number you can invite. If it is to do with something you have added to the reception (e.g. table layout, photo booth etc) then it might be worth seeing if you can rework things so that they can take all 90.

Otherwise, I would contact the 15 you can't fit in and apologise, explaining to them that you will send them a whole day invite if enough people drop out.

The issue with saying nothing and hoping that 15 of your first batch of invitees can't come is that if they all accept, it's going to be very close to the wedding date by the time you tell the last 15 that they are only invited to the evening. And by that point, they may have turned down other invitations under the impression that they are spending the whole day at your wedding. So I think it would be better to be up front about the issue early on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics