Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gurzle
Beginner April 2013

Save the date to evening guests?

Gurzle, 21 of February of 2011 at 18:09 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all

We booked our venue on Saturday and so now have a confirmed date. We are getting married in July 2012 so we'd like to send 'save the date' cards to avoid holidays clashing etc. Do you think we should send save the date cards to evening guests, too? We're not sure who will definitely be day and who will be evening - we were planning on making the final 'cut' nearer the time! So ideally we'd like to let everyone know the date regardless. What do you think?

Thanks guys

K xx

8 replies

Latest activity by joannexyx, 21 of February of 2011 at 20:49
  • CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Traditionally people only send them to the day guests as people who get a save the date then expect to get a day invite however it is of course up to you and maybe there is a way to make it clear on the save the date card.

If you are looking for stationery suppliers, then please have a look through my website.

Anna

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

We didnt send them to evening guests, incase we needed to cut them nearer the time, and didnt want them to think they were being invited to the whole thing either. Generally speaking, the people coming to the evening are a bit less important anyway, without sounding rude! However the people who were important to us were told by word of mouth.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

All our day guests will get invites but they pretty much know by word of mouth.

As for the evening guests we are going to change the wording slightly on our save the dates cards, , , ,

e.g., , , ,keep your evening free, , , ,

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

We gave a few save the date cards out to evening guests, but only the ones that had kids (as its in the school holidays) so they were the ones more likely to book a holiday away at that time.

but it is up to you its your wedding and theres no right or wrong way to do it!

In my opinion id save on disapointment and send everyone an invite!

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

I only sent save the dates out to guests we knew were deffo on the Day List.

The maybes got told by word of mouth- I used the excuse that only family gets save the dates becasue they live further away.

Personally if I got a save the date I would assume I was invited as a full day guest.

But if you do want to send them to evening guests then I think Loveska's wording is really good!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, me too. If I received a "Save the Date" and then later only got an evening invitation I'd be horribly offended... especially if I'd taken the day off work, or turned down doing something else in the day assuming I'd be busy attending a wedding!

If it specifies "save the evening" or "evening invitation to follow" or similar, then that's different and I wouldn't mind at all. As the bride though, you may just be making extra work for yourselves if you haven't fully decided the guest list etc. For that reason we only sent save-the-dates to definite day guests. Our evening invitations are going out about 3 months in advance so IMO that's plenty of notice for people to keep the evening free.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

As Nat said, I would assume I was invited for the whole day. Bit pointless to send save the dates for evening guests (and stating as such) anyway. They are less important, or otherwise they would be invited to the whole thing. I would find it very odd.

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

Im making my own so was going to do two. the evening guests will say this on it ie Save The Date, Evening reception and the others will jst say Save the Date x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics