Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rose
Beginner September 2021 North Yorkshire

Save the dates

Rose, 26 of July of 2020 at 18:16 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi! What does every recommend as being a normal amount to spend on save the dates cards for approx 100 guests?

12 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 30 of August of 2020 at 09:11
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rose

I'd say, whatever you had budgeted for, or preferrably, less!

Do you REALLY NEED Save the Dates? I know it is more of an American tradition, given the size of their country. Not sure we really need them in the UK, unless, of course, you are marrying in a tourist hotspot in high season?

If you have not yet set your budget, now is the time to do it. Weddings can be exponentially expensive, it just goes on and on and on...............

Only you know what your budget is, the key is to stick to it, or even be under budget. No-one wants to start their greatest adventure saddled with a massive debt!

Hope this helps,

Ali xx

• Claire
    Beginner July 2021 Derbyshire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    I went on to vista print and ordered 50 for £30 including delivery. That has covered us inviting around 118 people, obviously some of those are children, so we only need 1 per house hold. I then ordered little fridge magnets from amazon for £4 for 60 to stick on the back.
  • andyandkirsty2012
    Beginner August 2025
    andyandkirsty2012 ·
    • Hide content
    We went through our guest list and just sent one to each house. Worked out about £30
  • L
    Beginner September 2020
    LookingForward2020 ·
    • Hide content

We spent £35 including delivery. The postage cost us nearly as much for sending them out in the end. Of course you could hand deliver some of them where possible and keep that cost down.

• K
    Savvy December 2020 East Central London
    kentgirl2020 ·
    • Hide content

I used Hip Hip Hooray - think they were around £150 x

• S
    Beginner August 2021
    Sarah8712 ·
    • Hide content

I have found some lovely save the date cards on Etsy Sarah Burns prints. They are great quality and a good price. Good luck with finding something you like.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SarahBurnsPrints

• Rose
    Beginner September 2021 North Yorkshire
    Rose ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone!
  • M
    Beginner November 2025 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Miss ·
    • Hide content
    Card factory.. 99p for 12 Smiley smile
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

DIY-ing mine (cork coasters with heat transfer vinyl decal and a printed sticker on the back).

We're sending 50.

£63.85 including envelopes, plus another £32.50 for second class stamps.

They are fairly labour intensive though.

• E
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    ExpensiveGreenDiamonds59574 ·
    • Hide content
    Mine will be about £75, I’m using magnets but they’ll come with a backing card and envelope. But I’ve seen lots cheaper and really nice ones on Etsy. Remember if it’s a 100 guests you’ll only need per household so you might need 50 or less.
  • K
    Beginner August 2022 Cheshire
    Karlad22 ·
    • Hide content
    I have designed my own online on a website for free and I just sent them to most people on whatsapp. For the others we are just telling them! I also designed the wedding invite, reception invite and rsvp card on the same website all to match. All I need to do is print them on card at home. Pack of card from hobbycraft 100 sheets £4. I can fit 4 invites on 1 sheet and same for the evening invites. I can probably fit 10 rsvp cards on 1 sheet. So it's not costing me much ?
  • K
    Beginner July 2023 Kent
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

I sent save the dates made on Etsy (£100) but added my wedding website on there so I didn’t actually need to send invites. I am getting married in Ibiza so I pretty much know who’s coming based on booking flights so may be a bit different for me x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics