Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Savvy December 2021 South East London

Save the Dates??

Maria, 5 of May of 2021 at 00:00 Posted on Planning 2 14
Need advice on when to send our Save the Dates!
We have recently booked our venue for September 2023 and are wondering when to send our save the dates? I know I shouldn’t be thinking about sending them this early, however we have had 4 family / friends weddings pushed back from 2020/2021 to 2022 and want to give people plenty of time to make sure they can get A/L etc and so no other family / friends book anything major around the same time.

14 replies

Latest activity by Sloufish, 9 of May of 2021 at 18:02
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    We have booked our venue for May 2023 and I’m itching to send out save the dates 😂 We haven’t confirmed a registrar yet though, so that’s the only thing stopping me. Once that’s booked I’ll be sending them out straight away!
  • Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content

Save the dates are earlier the better in my opinion for your absolute must-have guest list. However, it’s easier to send an invite to someone later down the line than retract a save the date so if you’re not 100% sure that you’re still going to be super close with some people, maybe send theirs a little nearer the time.

Our covid cancelled wedding was three years in the planning and our guest list for the new date is a little different from the original.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is July 2022 and I sent the Save the Dates out in March this year. I had already received a Save the Date in December 2020 for a wedding that is after mine in August 2022 so basically do what you like!
    If you are ready to send them out then I would do so as there is a lot of movement in the industry at the moment due to Covid messing everyone’s plans up! It is good to be prepared!
  • Emily
    Beginner September 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

I just wanted to say "hi"! I've found my people on here haha. I am also booked for September 2023. I feel like I am looking at everything so early?! But the great thing is I seem to have the pick of absolutely everything! (First choice registrar time, bands, decor, catering...). I am loving planning but trying not to get too carried away. I won't be sending my save the dates until mid-2022. A) Its just too soon and people will forget (ruining the intention of a save the date), B) Honestly I don't know if I will make new friends / lose others inbetween now and then! My guest list could change and people could change priority. I know thats a bit harsh but its the truth.

• Maria
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay! What date is September are you?
    Very true! Think we will hold off a little longer. I might give those travelling really far the heads up as I have people travelling from Australia.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m 2nd September Smiley smile we just booked our venue on Monday this week Smiley smile
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah congratulations!! We are 22nd also booked ours on Monday 😁
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh how funny! I think I’m going to end up having the whole entire thing booked and organised before the end of this year 🙈 Have you sorted out your registrar?
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I would love that and then no stress until the day!
    Not yet, we can’t book ours until 24 months in advance. Have you?
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only fear is what if I start changing my mind haha. Yeah we’ve been really lucky with Oxfordshire because they are already taking bookings. They’ve reserved the date and time and I just have to call up on 25th May to confirm it and pay.
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks fantastic! I have literally put it in my calendar to contact them on 22ns sept this year haha
  • Shannon
    Dedicated August 2022 Vale Of Glamorgan
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    Send them whenever you want too! With everything that’s happened over the past year and a half loads of people will also want to book loads of holidays and trips away and stuff so sending them now would be great so they know to not book anything over that date! We are getting married next august and sent ours as soon as we booked the church back in February
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    I think I’m going to send them either September so it’s 2 years or with Christmas cards
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is me too! We have booked our venue for August 2023 and I am itching to get things like this started but trying to be ever so patient until we have booked the registrar! Have to wait until this August to do it though as the local council website says 2yrs in advance. Don't they know its giving me palpitations not being able to know the most important bit is booked!? haha!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics