Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Beginner May 2022 West Yorkshire

Save the dates dilemma

Amelia, 24 of October of 2021 at 20:56 Posted on Planning 0 5
Just found out my aunty got married in a small low key affair (nobody new) and has planned a celebration in a couple of months. I planned to give my save the dates out next week. Been told that it may be reigning on her parade if I then just hand mine out. I am gutted as now ill have to wait until new year.

5 replies

Latest activity by Lauren, 27 of October of 2021 at 13:44
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

I think it’ll be fine. Better to send them out in the next few weeks before the celebration rather than wait until their celebration. We were going through a similar thing when my sister in law was sorting her wedding and nothing was said. I would try to avoid talking only about your wedding, especially at her celebration, but as long as conversation is balanced you should be fine.

• Amelia
    Beginner May 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amelia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for your reply. I feel like holding it off would then maybe cause more issues such as someone else announces theirs or potentially our date being the same as someone's anniversary party etc.
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Save the dates aren’t a big drama anyway. If it were invites then maybe it wouldn’t be worse. Just do it and make sure that, when you talk to your aunt, you talk loads about her wedding!!

• Karisma
    Savvy March 2023 Kent
    Karisma ·
    • Hide content
    As its a couple of Months away I would still send them. Because you will still have sent them at least a month before her celebration and you need to get your save the dates out. Plus there will always be other people doing things and other occasions, you can’t hold off on your things because of someone else or you could be waiting forever to send them
  • L
    Beginner October 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely still send them next week. It’s not your fault your aunty didn’t tell anyone she was getting married and then planned a celebration with little notice. Don’t let it effect your plans!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics