Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2020

Save the dates - Family - August Wedding

ExpensiveBlueStationery51150, 21 of September of 2018 at 22:56 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

This is my first post!

We're getting married 20th August 2020 (quite a while away!).

We've started to order small bits to put away to try and spread the cost.

We've ordered the save the dates etc.

When would you advise to send out the save the dates to family only?

We received a panicked phone call the other day from an Uncle because they've booked an August 2019 holiday (mixed the year up!). With it being the summer holidays and family travelling from far and wide (including Germany, Poland etc) I was thinking 18 months? Do you think this is too soon?

Thanks in advance!

Megg

1 replies

Latest activity by ExcitedBlueHair1313, 24 of September of 2018 at 21:44
  • M
    Curious September 2019
    Missus_Mop ·
    • Hide content

Personally, if you already have your date booked in - I don't see anything wrong in casually letting the very 'important' people know that they need to save the 20th August 2020! But give them a call or send a text or Pm or whatever, then send your official Save the Dates later next year.

The problem with sending too early is that a lot can change in two years. What if you have a mega fall out with someone? Or maybe someone divorces or separates, and you've invited both and it gets awkward? Or what if you make some new friends you become really close to, but you've already filled your guest capacity and they can't come?

So I'd hold off a while for the majority of guests, except your absolute nearest and dearest, and those that will need to travel from afar.

I'm already regretting having done a Save the Date for our wedding (very informally - via a Facebook event, lol), and it's one year away. There are some people I've thought about now who I might have invited, but have already invited others, and we have no more space.

• E
    Beginner April 2022
    ExcitedBlueHair1313 ·
    • Hide content

I completely agree with the above comment.

About 99% of our 'guest list' (in air quotes as the official ist has yet to be decided) are coming from out of town and other countries. But I wouldnt want to send out Save the Dates until no more than a year before otherwise its likely to be forgotten about by your guests.

Best to spread the word via word of mouth about potential wedding dates earlier to your very important guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics