Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy November 2021 Lancashire

Save the dates for evening guests ?

Jess, 3 of November of 2020 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi,
We have decided we want to send save the dates as we have guests who need to book time off work and travel but we don’t know if to send them to the evening guests too, some of which will be annoyed they aren’t invited to the actual ceremony but we only want a small day, so do we send everyone including evening guests a save the date and delay the Grief and make everyone feel included or is that misleading that they’ll be invited to the whole day ? We are getting married on a Monday so we want people to have plenty of notice! Thank you ?

7 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldHair95974, 9 of November of 2020 at 20:17
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    I'm in the same predicament. We have electronic save the dates and my partner and I divided them up into our own family and friends.

I only sent them to our day guests but he's sent them to everyone ? He said he didn't know and just expected for everyone to 'save the date', even evening only guests.
    My worry now is that those evening guests will assume they're invited to the whole day, which will be tricky to get out of. My partner thinks it's much ado about nothing.
    Anyhoo we've decided to send formal invites soon, different ones to evening and day guests...that should clarify everything (and I hope not generate too much hurt!)
    Sorry I can't advise but I guess it's subjective and dependant on what you both want to do. If there's distance to travel or due to it being on a Monday, I'd maybe send them to everyone.
  • J
    Savvy November 2021 Lancashire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!it’s a tricky one to not upset anyone ! My OH is the one who decided he wanted to send them to everyone as it’s his some of his relatives who aren’t invited to the day so I think he wanted to delay the Agro! We have decided to send save the ‘evenings’ to our reception guests so they know they’re not invited to the day but still have notice , just praying for no drama !
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m with the future husband on this one.....

If you are sending electronic save the dates can’t you just add a statement saying it’s for the evening/for the day?

Ultimately people do make evening plans so if you want individuals to attend any part of your day it would make sense to tell them. In my friendship group people make plans in advance so I definitely would let everyone know. Only reason you wouldn’t is if you were considering “upgrading” people to the full day if availability opened up.

• R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely agree! I think my partner sent them without realising the formalities of it all, he just expected everyone to receive the same ?
    Now the reparation begins...
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ha, there is always one! Partners eh?
    Good luck with that. Fingers crossed there are no hurt feelings.

We sent ours out saying covid permitting (to give us wiggle room). My mum is the issue- she thinks she gets 10invites for her friends/extended family... she has no idea.
  • R
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I love that, she sounds excited!

I've just had the evening reception invites made up ASAP, just to clarify our position... wedding's not until December 2021 but now I feel that I should send them sooner, rather than later!
    I'm excited to hear about your journey on here, keep us updated!
  • S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content
    When I sent mine for the full day I put save the date and just for the evening guests I put save the evening

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics