Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Save the dates - need cheap as chips suggestions pls

moonpie1985, 16 of July of 2011 at 16:39 Posted on Planning 0 25

So i am hoping to finalise the booking and as we are getting married in prime holiday season I thought I would try and get Save the date cars out about a 10 months in advance.

Can anyone give any suggestions of really cheap places to buy them ?

I will only need about 60 or so but wanted to try and keep them under 50p each... (if it can be done!)

25 replies

Latest activity by Custom, 2 of September of 2023 at 19:50
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if this is the right style for you but the lady who made our invitations does little save the date cards too, most of which are 50p including an envelope. https://www.inviteyoutothedo.com/page9.htm she makes them however you like really, you could add borders, change fonts etc and she's really quick too! She made and posted 50 pocketfolds and 75 flat invitations for me in under a week!

• lollytrollydolly
    Beginner June 2012
    lollytrollydolly ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

We are currently doing our save the dates as well.

I got my from ebay, 50 for £10. There are lovely. and excellent quailty hand made

I was also looking at www.vistaprint.co.uk. They have loads of offers when u sign up with them. and u can get loads of stuff for free.

I know some brides have used them and i saw the flashes and there are really good.

Keep us informed!!

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are perfect! Can't beleive the price for something that is hand made.

Fab! Thanks Smiley laugh

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

I make these save the dates. They have magnets on the back too! x

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely check out Vistaprint, they are fabby!

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wowee - thats a bargain!

Does anyone have any flashes of vista print stuff?

• G
    Beginner April 2012
    Gaylei ·
    • Hide content

Hey we got ours from Vista Print too! I think ours were £25 for 60 including envelops, we also chose a colour theme that matched our wedding and we are having the same pattern etc for the invites which are also coming from Vista!

• G
    Beginner April 2012
    Gaylei ·
    • Hide content

First time I've posted an image, sorry if its HUGE!!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

I shamelessly stole a friend's idea and bought postcards of my venue for 30p (probably could have got them cheaper from another shop in hindsight!). Any pretty postcards of venue/ church/ village?

The one flaw is the need to hand write each one, but we maybe put too much info on them...

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content

We bought DIY fridge magnets from ebay, think they were about £15 for 40, then printed onto paper the details, cut them out and fitted them in to the magnets. They look really effective and were super cheap!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I signed on for vistaprints email offers and you get frequent emails for 100 free postcards etc. We bought the postcards and tweaked them with all our info and just paid postage! Same for the thank you cards and everybody commented on them. Im really thrifty ha!

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Vistaprint here, but I would recommened joining their mailing list, you may get a lot of e-mails, but they can save you a lot of money.

• D
    davewilson ·
    • Hide content

Hi Moonpie1985,

We received a save the date fridge magnet (which I'd personally never seen before.) I'm pretty sure they said they got them from Vistaprint and they were dirt cheap. It's pretty hard to miss being on the fridge too!

Someone else (above) said ebay too so you can compare the two...

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Also, just as an afterthought. All of our day guests are close family, so we simply told them...would this be an option as it's free? I appreciate that for most people friends and distant relatives may be coming so this may not be realistic.

• S
    Beginner October 2012
    Snowberry ·
    • Hide content

I made mine myself- total cost for 50 was just under £10. £6 went on a pad of patterned paper, £1 on fridge magnets from ebay and about £3 for plain cream card.

I cut the cream card into credit card sized pieces, cut a piece of the patterned paper slightly bigger, printed onto the cream card and mounted it on the patterned. Then I glued magnets on the back so people can stick them on their fridge!

I will post some piccies tonight when I am home from work.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

Vistaprint postcards for us too - 100 free so we only paid £4 postage

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

STDs are handy if you are having a fairly long engagement but want to warn people that you have the date set. This is especially true if you are getting married at a time when people are likely to be considering taking holidays - like over summer or Christmas. It also gives people in jobs that may have specific requirements over taking leave a chance to arrange that as soon as possible (my friend is an air traffic controller and put in her request for leave for my wedding next year in March this year).

Some people don't put more info than the wedding date on the STD and all the other info goes on the invites then!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to use STD cards at all unless you really want them - as someone else has already said, you can just tell people, or you can e-mail, which is what we did. Some of our other friends did the same for their wedding and nobody commented on it.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Free at vistaprint if u do what i did and do the normal 250 free business cards and change the wording to save the date i chose the purple swirly butterfly one and they are lovely paid extra for thank you on back instead of vistaprint but def worth it

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

We are a company called K M Design and we do a budget range of wedding stationery our save the date cards with envelope are 40p in our budget range. Take a look at our website www.k-m-design.co.uk and if we can be of any help please get in touch. Our save the date cards are a flat postcard style and can be done in your chosen colour, magnets are available if required at a small additional charge. Email ********@*****.***.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I noticed today POUNDLAND have small silver magnetic photo frames in a pack of 5 (yes for £1, ,haha).

They are very pretty and look quite vintage in style. They would be ideal to display your STD info.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
  • 3d jewellery
  • Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Vistaprint, Vistaprint, Vistaprint!! I got fridge magnets and postcards, they are beautiful and cost about £5 in total for postage, (using free offer promotions). Fantastic quality too!!

• LeaLeigh
    Dedicated September 2012
    LeaLeigh ·
    • Hide content

I got my save the date magnets from Vista Print too. I got 70, a mix of day and evening for just over £30 with envelopes

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics