Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Harriet
Curious October 2025 Nottinghamshire

Save the dates questions!

Harriet, 18 of February of 2024 at 12:28 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 22
Hi,

We are so excited because we booked our venue in Italy for October 2025! When would you suggest we send out the save the dates? We thought we would do it around April of this year so that there is plenty of time for people to start to think about booking cheap flights and accommodation and we have family in other countries too but I’m not sure if that’s a little too early? Also what is the typical thing to write on a save the date?
TIA!Harriet Smiley smile

22 replies

Latest activity by Harriet, 18 of March of 2024 at 07:34
  • G
    Beginner August 2025 Essex
    Gertrude ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya,
    I’m getting matted in august 2025 and I sent out my save the dates in October, some in November and a few in December. I was over excited lol! Plus I wanted to give guests as much notice as possible x
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok! Thank you xx
  • Jess
    Curious October 2025 Durham
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I’m also having this issue. I also get married in October 2025 and haven’t been sure when to send things out. I am a very busy person and get booked up quite far in advance so I know I’d appreciate prior warning of a big event but I know not every one is like this. I think you’re right though with a wedding abroad, more notice is probably better as tends to be more expensive for a guest to go abroad to a wedding than it is for a guest to go to a home wedding. So see no harm in you sending them out in April. I would personally appreciate it if it was me
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
  • Cazpot88
    Curious August 2025 Greater Manchester
    Cazpot88 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey beaut, I agree I think April is a good time to send out the save the dates 🥰

If this helps I'll show you a draft of ours, we've not printed them out yet xxSave the dates questions! 1
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Those are really nice!! Xx
  • Cazpot88
    Curious August 2025 Greater Manchester
    Cazpot88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome beaut, awe thank you 🥰 xxx
  • T
    Savvy May 2024 Buckinghamshire
    T S ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged May 2022, we're getting married May 2024 (eek!) and sent our save the dates out in December 2022! We booked our venue in November 2022 and were getting sick of everyone asking if we've got a date yet so we sent them out just to shut everyone up. Formal invites went out September 2023 as again, people were nagging us for the location and about booking hotels etc.

This isn't our final design but something we considered. People need to know when, and roughly where to help indicate how long they'll need off work. (Also helps if you had a photographer at your engagement lol - my fiance planned ahead!)

The most important thing to remember is no matter how early you send it or how beautiful it is, people will still say "when is it again?"

Best of luck to you!

Save the dates questions! 2

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    I am getting married in February 2025 sent out save the dates in January 2024 as our wedding is on a week day. So wanted to give guests the time to book off work Smiley smile.
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    April/May time sounds good especially as it's abroad the more notice the better!=)
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Imo for an abroad wedding, a years notice is sufficient, anything more is nice to have. Most air companies don’t release flights more than 10 months in advance & I’d check your accommodation booking policy to see if that’s 12 months or more.
    The main reason to tell them earlier is to give them time to save/plan as an abroad wedding comes with a lot more cost & complication for most involved.
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, so true! Thank you so much for the advice!
    I love your save the dates and hope you have a really special day! Xx
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I was thinking as ours is also a weekday! Thank you for responding! Xx
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I was thinking! I think I will send them in April/May then just so people can plan ahead and keep an eye out for flights x
  • A
    Greater Manchester
    Alexis ·
    • Hide content

Crypto stolen from Coinbase wallet!

I had my Coinbase wallet wiped out in a single transaction. I didn't know what to do and couldn't get a hold of Coinbase. This transaction emptied out all my Ethereum and Bitcoin. This was not me and I needed help after losing roughly 221,000 dollars. I went to the police to file a report and I also filed a claim to the FBI but they couldn't help. I got someone who recommended "hackwest at writeme dot com", within 72 hours West was able to recover all my funds and also revealed the men behind the dirty act. I wish to let everyone know that it is possible to get your money back if you contact the right person and follow instructions.
  • J
    West London
    Jelly ·
    • Hide content

In April, when you send out save the dates for your wedding in Italy in October 2025, guests will have lots of time to plan their travel and accommodation. Usually, a save the date just has your names, the date of the wedding, and where it's happening.

• J
    Beginner April 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    As soon as your date and Venue are confirmed, send them out. I wanted to give my guests as much notice as possible as we’re getting married in Scotland (live in England). I also created a wedding website and put a Q&A section on there as well as links to hotels, parking etc
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! X
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a nice idea! Xx
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We did save the date a year in advance and will follow with official invite 4-6 months away I think 🤔

We are limiting all day guests so was important for us this group knew plenty in advance as people do tend to book holidays a year in advance.
  • Rose
    Beginner August 2025 Norfolk
    Rose ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in August 2025 and have already sent out save the dates: I just did text messages and emails! I’m then going to send out beautiful paper invites around 6 months beforehand, I just wanted people to hold the date
  • Harriet
    Harriet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely! Thank you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics