Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2013

Save The Dates with RSVP's?

MTarpleigh-BrokeB2B, 13 February, 2013 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello Folks,

Quick question; is it acceptable to request RSVP on 'Save the Date' cards?

We really need to know our numbers (or at least have a rough idea) sooner rather than later. As it is we can only accommodate 80 guests for our wedding breakfast and there are people we'd really like to invite who aren't on our primary list.

We have a secondary list of people who we will invite if we have extra seats but we can't do that until we know how many on the primary list are definitely likely to come!

I know all this talk of primary and secondary lists is a little unromantic however we have to think practically - we can't afford to invite everyone ☹️

Any advice?

M

2 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 13 February, 2013 at 12:32
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't say so as a formal thing. However, I wouldn't have a problem with a Save The Date that was followed up by a message to 1. check we'd received it and 2. see if we had already made plans.

I suspect those who know they are on holiday etc will inform you upon receipt of a Save The Date.

I didn't send Save The Dates. I sent my invitations out in two waves, in order to account for declines and subsequent alternative invitations.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I think I'd just send your invitations out a bit earlier than the norm.

We actually did do what you're suggesting but that's because we got married abroad. We invited around 100 guests and we could have had 10 or 100 positive replies, so we needed to know this before booking the venue.

Generally speaking though, Save the Dates aren't formal.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I've not heard of it before but don't really see a problem with it.

How far in advance are you planning sending your STD? I'd be cautious of people saying they will be there and then nearer the time for whatever reason them not being able to make it.

Wouldn't it just to be easier to send you invites in different batches with the evening invites last ? then you can upgrade anyone when you get declines .

My cousin sent out her first lot of invites with an early RSVP date to those she thought might have to decline for one reason or another, then sent out the next lot with a later RSVP with some people upgraded from the evening list, then evening invites went to who ever was left and it all worked out fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics