Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner July 2024 Kent

“Save the Evening” cards

Tasha, 8 of March of 2023 at 23:37 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hello, I’m just coming up with ideas of designs for our save the date cards until it brought up the conversation of do we send them out to both day and evening guests. Had a quick look online and saw that “save the evening” cards are a thing but wondered if anyone else has sent them out, or whether there is no point? Appreciate peoples opinions - thank you!

2 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 10 of March of 2023 at 19:14
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We only did save the dates for our guests attending the whole thing. I would be cautious for evening ones as if you send and then you then wanted to bump them up to a full day guest if you have drop outs as it can make people feel a bit like they were an afterthought and weren't good enough to make the cut initially. I honestly have never heard of it so I don't think is necessary.

we had a list of evening guests but asked our day guests when we sent the save the dates to let us know ASAP if they knew now they could not come. we got 6 back straight away declining which meant we could bump evening guests up and sent them save the dates for the whole thing a year before, which allowed us to have our lists locked down fairly early on. We then sent messages and an email to the evening guests 8 months before to let them know, which I think was more than enough time and then official invites went our 4 months before to all guests

• T
    Beginner July 2024 Kent
    Tasha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your insight, I’ll do the same ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics