Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner November 2016

Savoury Wedding Favours

Boxleby, 26 of October of 2015 at 16:09 Posted on Planning 0 10

I'm really intrigued by the idea of savoury wedding favours, fiancé used to be a chef when we met and I do a lot of cooking as well.

Neither of us have a sweet tooth though and I can't bake for toffee so that leaves sweet treats out of the mix.

i was wondering if anybody could let me know which you'd prefer out of my ideas so far.

1. Chutney- we're having a cheese wedding cake so it ties in with that and also our wedding is in November so might come in useful for Christmas cheese boards.

2. Chilli jam

3. A selection of infused oils (rosemary, basil, chilli etc)

4. Hot sauce

We're having a popcorn bar after the ceremony and I'm using cake pops as name tags so I'd like to stay away from anything sweet.

Which would you prefer are or do you have any other ideas? Thank you in advance Smiley smile

10 replies

Latest activity by Kat Furlong , 26 of October of 2015 at 22:17
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Chutney for me too please. I would definately eat it with the cheese cake later.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Chutney would be my favourite of the four, and probably also the easiest for you to do, given that you can make it months in advance so it's ready to eat on the day if people want. Plus, as long as you sterilise the jars properly, it's pretty fool proof.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

Yep I'd agree with chutney - you might have guests who are too wimpy for hot sauce or chilli-related things ?

Cake pops as name tags is GENIUS by the way.

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Chilli jam gets my vote, I love it and it's great with cheese

• YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

Chilli jam or chutney all the way! X

• T
    Beginner October 2017
    ThirteenTenSeventeen ·
    • Hide content

Your idea sounds a lot like ours!

I'm toying with the idea of making chutneys/savoury jams in little invididual portions and having them in an arrangement where people can help themselves to which flavour they want with their cheese, rather than giving each guest a favour at their table.

• B
    Beginner November 2016
    Boxleby ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile it's cause we're not having a traditional cake and I was worried people would be annoyed! Cake's the only reason people go to weddings, right?

• B
    Beginner November 2016
    Boxleby ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. Looks like chutney is the favourite! Although I love the idea of lots of little cheese accompiants.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One each to take home and lots with the cheese cake lol.

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Amazing idea! Chutney would win for me, but then I'm allergic to peppers and chilli's!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics