Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2016

Say Yes to the Dress

Chale, 10 of April of 2015 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 16

Anyone else obsessed with it? I've got the house to myself tonight so I'm having a bit of a SYTTD marathon. Mr C always groans when he sees that I've got it on, but I tell him it's all research for my wedding dress! Bit sad that I can't get (or afford) a dress from Kleinfelds!

16 replies

Latest activity by Chale, 11 of April of 2015 at 15:31
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Hehe, I was completely obsessed with it before I got married!! I've calmed down now (although I have a feeling thats partly because I've seen practically all of them!)

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Haha, yes I've already started seeing repeats! Pretty sure that's a bad sign...

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

Me too! I keep watching it even though I've already got my dress and I don't think I've seen a single one I liked on there!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I do love it but the problem is, being on sick leave i think i've actually seen them all!!! :/ lol

favourite of the dress shows though has to be something borrowed something new ^_^

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, that's my favourite too, although I loved the one where randy went on tour! There's a new one that I think started today about making dresses too

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely loved watching that program before I got my dress!! They are so good on it too, they know every dress they've got in stock in that massive warehouse bit!

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

As long as it is Atlanta then I can watch it all day long! But the best one for me is SYTTD: Bridesmaids! Amazing!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I can't watch much of the Atlanta one, the accents drive me nuts! I've only seen a couple of the bridesmaids ones but they are awful! Some of those girls are horrid!

• L
    Beginner March 2016
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers282 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely a guilty pleasure. My other half likes it too!! Love the random ideas people have and way they can be, especially on the bridesmaids one! Not quite so addicted now I've got my dress, slightly less anyhows

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

I do like it yes, and makes me very glad took noone with me to get the dress due to the reactions of some of the so-called friends and family. Though I do like it when they take their fathers and you see the tears of these usually butch men.

OH also likes it, though he states that he doesn't, but if he is on computer, you all of a sudden hear less typing and look round and catch him watching it. However, Don't Tell The Bride frustrates him as it states that it is a sign that his gender are hopeless.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Omg ! I'm completely obsessed. Friday is "bride day" haha, its literally on all day , love it xx

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content

I love all these type of programmes. although have to agree with a previous post don't think i've ever liked any of the dresses.

I remember watching it the morning of my first dress shopping experience. I said to my mam that I was going to keep an open mind and try different types of dresses on. Then on the programme they started bringing dresses out and I said I woildn't wear any of them. Think I already knew the sort of dress I wanted.

Chosen my dress now but still addicted to watching it.

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Heathy2b ·
    • Hide content

Haha Friday Brideday! I record all the Friday shows and have SYTTD fest over the weekend!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I've never watched it! What channel is it on & when?

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

It's on TLC, pretty much every day! Older episodes are on during the day and new ones on a Friday night.

• Lady Zith
    Lady Zith ·
    • Hide content

I'm a total addict. Sad but true. I'm not even getting married! BUT I guess I'm looking to set up a wedding based business which is why I love it - I love seeing the reactions of people, and seeing the bride when she finds the perfect one. And some of the characters they have to deal with are priceless!!

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I take the whole 'reality' thing with a pinch of salt because they're obviously cramming two or three long appointments into half an hour, meaning they'll portray certain people as bitchy or picky because it makes good telly, but I still love it! I can't believe the huge groups the brides sometimes bring with them - aunts, grandmas, five bridesmaids...how can you make a decision with so many opinions flying around?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics