Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious May 2025 Central & Glasgow

Saying no to inquired suppliers&vendors

Sarah, 19 of July of 2023 at 23:12 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 13
Hey, I need some help!! We have inquired to multiple suppliers&vendors but obviously can’t book with more than one. How do you say to the ones that you have decided to go with someone else? I’m really struggling on wording the emails and don’t want to hurt feelings for not choosing someone.

13 replies

Latest activity by FrancesaSoiff, 17 of August of 2023 at 02:01
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, the only people I ever replied to were the venues. Everyone else knew I was enquiring with a few businesses. I personally would only give them an email if they held the date/time for you as otherwise they would take the first come first serve anyway. But if you feel that you want too reply just compliment something you liked about them for example, when we said no to our first venue we said how beautiful it was but we have found something more to suit our needs or budget/capacity. I hope this helps!
  • Kerri Risbey
    Curious August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Kerri Risbey ·
    • Hide content

With mine, I thanked them for their time, complimented (either their work or venue) and explained that I had chosen to go with someone else - some venues had come back to ask who we had gone for instead, I assume to gauge competition otherwise, I didn't hear back from ones we had declined.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Please just tell them straight you wont hurt feelings, you don't have to say why but do as Klm94 says just thank them for their time. What is worse is keeping them in limbo by not telling them at all.

That way I can stop coming back to you asking if you need any other info and I can also delete all your personal information I have stored.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Just tell them. "Thank you so much for your time, we loved your venue/photos/cake/flowers/whatever, but have chosen another supplier."

Wedding vendors know there is a load of competition out there and that couples contact multiple vendors to get quotes - they won't be expecting to get a booking from every single enquiry.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much! Great example, I’m always too shy to say no in everyday life so this is just worse lol
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou! See when they asked who you went for instead did you tell them?
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou! It’s always so difficult to say no when they have been so helpful
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I understand, I’m finding it so tough lol
  • Kerri Risbey
    Curious August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Kerri Risbey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I did tell them. I think they like to have the feedback (venue wise) to see how they might be able to improve things etc to keep in competition with their competitors. Once you've sent your email explaining you have gone with someone else you have no obligation to reply to them though if you don't want to!

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    To be honest I emailed a few back before saying we’ve booked elsewhere and most don’t acknowledge the emails. I normally only email them to say no if they actively seek and chase your enquiry up.

I just say how much you appreciate their time in responding and praise them with their work, but found somebody more suitable to your style. No harm in that x
  • L
    Beginner October 2024 West Yorkshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    I’m literally having the exact same issue, it’s not only you! I’ve sort of said I’ll go ahead with booking a supplier but have since found one who is more reasonably priced but scared to let them down😬
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please just tell them because they think they have a booking and might be turning other people away. Or turning down important family events because they think they are working.

I get this sometimes when a very keen couple say they want to go ahead and book but then go silent which leaves me thinking "are they thinking that they have booked me" when in fact they have not until I receive the completed contract and deposit.

Tell them and let them move on.Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is exactly the same lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics