Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rache
Beginner January 2004

Scottish Hitchers: mince and tatties

Rache, 6 of August of 2009 at 15:00

Posted on Off Topic Posts 69

It's my turn to make supper tonight and to my shame I realise I've never given my children mince and tatties. We used to have it every week with doughballs (dumplings) made by my gran. So..... fry off some steak mince with an onion, make some gravy (oxo cube or similar?), boil some tatties, make...

It's my turn to make supper tonight and to my shame I realise I've never given my children mince and tatties. We used to have it every week with doughballs (dumplings) made by my gran.

So..... fry off some steak mince with an onion, make some gravy (oxo cube or similar?), boil some tatties, make some doughballs, serive with ?carrots ?anything else?

How do you make your mince and tatties super duper tasty? My heritage and national pride depends on this!

Thanks.

69 replies

• ashke_again
    Beginner
    ashke_again ·
    • Hide content

We had tablet as favours at our wedding, twas very popular. Though I never got any and my MiL made tons of the stuff. ?

• JasmineJ
    Beginner
    JasmineJ ·
    • Hide content

Mmmm, I love macaroni pies. I hate Heinz macaroni so I don't think they taste like it!

I also love mince and tatties - my mum puts a bit of turnip in hers...and I like eating mine with white bread...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics