Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2025 Central & Glasgow

Scottish Wedding Venues

Stacey, 4 of January of 2024 at 22:44 Posted on Planning 0
Hi,

I'm super new to Hitched and I'm looking for any tips and advice on Scottish Wedding Venues.
We've been engaged since September 2022 but unfortunately our wedding planning had to take a backseat after we had the year from hell in 2023. Going into 2024, we are very much hoping for a fresh start which means diving head first into wedding planning!
We've been all over the place when considering venues. Initially, we thought it would be nice to look for a venue located around halfway between where we are based (Glasgow) and where my partners family are based (John O'Groats) as the distance between them is pretty considerable and I know his family will be very uncomfortable when travelling due to some disabilities.
However, we haven't really had much luck finding anywhere that met our criteria - modern, classy and ideally near a river/lake/sea/water of some sort. We're now at a point where we're happy to consider anything that we like, regardless of the location, as long as it's still in Scotland.
At the moment, we're actually considering The Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh as we recently saw a news story about a couple who got married there and made use of the cinema located within the hotel for part of their wedding. We absolutely love going to the cinema and go pretty much every week so we thought this could be perfect for us - so much so, we're willing to give up the sea/river based location we'd been thinking about since this location is right at the heart of the city centre.
Just wondered if anyone else has booked their wedding there? If so, were you able to negotiate any discounts or freebies and do you have any recommended suppliers? Any other location/venue recommendations are very much welcome since we are at such an early stage of planning!
Thank you so much in advance!
S x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics