Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HelenSomerset
Beginner September 2014

Seamstress recommendations - Bristol / North Somerset

HelenSomerset, 11 of April of 2014 at 22:41 Posted on Planning 0 1

Evening all!

I wondered if anyone could recommend an experienced seamstress in the Bristol or North Somerset area?

I have bought a bridesmaid dress for my prospective sister-in-law and the neckline needs altering because the style is a bit gapey. The other two bridesmaids have had similar alterations to their dresses, but both live near Leeds so was able to get a fantastic lady up North to do it. Unfortunately, my sister-in-law went to a seamstress who said that she would need to take the dress apart at the waistband (not sure why), but has now found the job is beyond her. Hopefully, she will be returning the dress back to its former state - if not, thankfully, I have a spare dress in exactly the same size.

Can anyone help? Don't want to risk someone wrecking a second dress. It is a chiffon Jenny Packham maxi dress style.

Thank you!

1 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 12 of April of 2014 at 09:30
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen. I live in Bristol and have used the Alteration Station in Central Bristol for alterations to dresses of mine. The guy Tony is great, really good attention to detail and excellent finish - I have taken in vintage dresses and he has done a great job. If you google Alteration Station Bristol, you should find him. He is a little pricey but I didn't mind as my dresses were quite unique and needed a good seamstress. Spuds like he'd be perfect for what you need doing to your dresses. He does get booked up quickly though (lots of regular customers) so defo get in quick.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I had a lovely lady alter my lace wedding dress and my bridesmaids. She was recommended to me by the dress shop The Bridal Room in Westbury-on-Trym. I'll see if I can did out her details!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics