Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2012

Searching! For a lace cover-up...

emilyweb, 25 April, 2011 at 20:45 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi all!

I'm hunting down a lace 'cover-up' to go with my strapless gown. It's a cropped jacket, but the buttons go at the back, so the front looks almost part of the dress. They usually come 3/4 sleeve, with a straight across (slash) neck. PLEASE can anyone help me find one?? All I seem to come across is shrugs and boleros Smiley sad

13 replies

Latest activity by bls14, 13 May, 2011 at 08:56
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen any separate to buy (my dress came with one) but hopefully someone has come across one and can help.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Someone on here flashed their dress which had a lace thing like you're describing. I think they showed it on the major flash where everyone posted their dresses, if you can find it. You could also ring around a few bridal shops, see if they have numbers of designers/manufacturers where you could get them x
  • R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

I've recently emailed two companies to see if they can make a lace shrug in a particular style. Am waiting to hear back from them as to whether it's possible and what cost it would be.x If you have a really clear idea of what you want maybe someone could make it for you? x

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a good dress maker near you? I imagine that sort of thing would be quite simple to make if you knew what you were doing. Plus you could select your own lace.

Alternatively, have you tried vintage stores rather than just bridal? I remember seeing some quite a while back (although couldn't tell you where or when).

• N
    Beginner July 2011
    niknak149 ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I'm looking for one too. My dress came with one but I don't like it and it's too big, so I need another one. I've found some on ebay that I quite like, so it's worth a search there.

I also found this lady:

Jill Coberman, based in Angmering West Sussex, designs and makes lace coats for brides and bridesmaids [e.g. long with or without a train,, short bolero or shrug length and longer jacket length in any colour of lace - fabric samples provided on request]. Contactable on **** or **** or e-mail on ******@**********.***

HTH

Niknak

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    Beki<3'sphill ·
    • Hide content

Ebay!! i'm buying one on wednesday thats simular

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm looking for one as well. Which seller did you use?

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    emilyweb ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all ever so much for your input. I think eBay or a dress maker will be my saving grace! Pronovias do one (but of course non of their stockists seem to sell it...) and also Sassi Holford do one, but it's not quite right. Perhaps when the Autumn-Winter ranges come out I might see more cover-ups out there. I shall battle on! Lots of love b-to-b's xx

Pronovias Iman

Sassi Holford Samantha

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    Beki<3'sphill ·
    • Hide content

You can use Graceandflaironline or caishendao.999 i havent ordered mine yet, hoping to loose a bit of weight first, although they seem very helpfull as i emailed both.

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    monkey_nut ·
    • Hide content

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

https://www.yourdreamdress.com/monique-lhuillier-alencon-lace-bolero-jacket-discount-wedding-dresses-couture-designer-bridal-gown-.html

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I think there'll be more about now because Kate had one on her dress...

• R
    Beginner November 2011
    riveraphx ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I believe you are looking for this: lace cover-up, these are made by Aire Barcelona. I have inquired with them about purchasing one from their 2009 collection, but have not heard from them. Perhaps you will have better luck seeing their designs in person.

Good Luck!!!

• R
    Beginner November 2011
    riveraphx ·
    • Hide content

Oops here you go: http://www.thesavannahweddingplanner.com/2009/12/lace-wedding-jackets-classy-must-have.html

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure if this is me you are talking about but this is my dress;

Its a seperate cover up bolero which does up at the back. It's San Patrick Estefania but came with my dress.

I know some shops have these in when people decide they don't want it with the dress etc worth a try.

Sorry i can't help more x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics