Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner

Searching for a North East England country pub venue!

northumberlandbridetobe, 12 July, 2010 at 17:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Everyone!

First post on here so I'm sorry if people have already been looking for something similar!!

I'm basically looking for a country pub venue in the north-east (as I've looked at country houses and went 'eek!' when I saw how much they cost!) I've already been to the South Causey Inn near Beamish and it seems nice but was wondering if you all knew of a similar little gem!

We're happy for it to be as far north as Berwick, as far south as Durham, anywhere along the north-east coast, or out Hexham way.

Also we're kind of wanting a hog roast instead of a traditional meal so don't really want to get tied in to their catering deals!!

Sorry if this sounds horribly picky but I guess it's got to be right!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. How long after the engagement do you stop grinning?!

x

5 replies

Latest activity by northumberlandbridetobe, 12 July, 2010 at 21:14
  • N\/ideo
    N\/ideo ·
    • Hide content

The George Hotel at Piercebridge (near Darlington) is a nice country pub venue. We filmed a wedding there recently, and found both interiors and exteriors (great landscape around the back with a river and impressive bridge in the background) to be very pleasant.

http://georgeontees.co.uk/

• N
    Beginner
    northumberlandbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks NVideo, just had a look - lovely setting by the river!

Any ideas welcome - just wish there were a few more barn coversions in the north-east - have seen loads of places that you can rent and decorate down south but nothing similar here! :-(

Ah well the search continues!

• J
    Beginner August 2011
    jm2b ·
    • Hide content

I had a look at South Causey's website but in the end h2b decided on the venue and since I loved where he picked due to sentimental reasons/being so close to home etc went along happily so never got to venture to all the pubs I'd been looking at!

Other places we were looking into (please bear in mind we didn't get to go to any of these so I'm sorry in advance if nothing suitable)

The Angel View Inn, Gateshead

The Chilton Country Pub and Hotel, Houghton-le-Spring

The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick

These are only a few, I had a massive list but I lost it when computer crashed. If I remember any more will post those too. x

I know what you mean about barn conversions, yers ago when I was down south there was loads of choice for barns, up here there's just not any/many. I think I found one but was too far away still.

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Theres the jursey farm - barnard castle, some parts of the place is a bit bright and loud but they have a nice reception hall. Might let you have a hog roast.

Morritt arms maybe.

look for country pubs for your hog roast. or marquee weddings.

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

This is a list from a hog roast company - client list (I can see a few good names in there)
    http://www.northeastpigonaspithogroastcompany.co.uk/About-Us.html
    Linden Hall, Longhirst Hall, Embleton Hall, Morpeth Rugby Club, Northgate Hospital, Blagdon Hall, Hartford Hall, Gosforth Rugby Club, Gosforth Golf Club, Tarmac, Pitcher & Piano Newcastle, Morpeth Chantry, Hatfield College Durham, Mistletoe Morpeth, Audi Dealship Silverlink, The Boardwalk Whitley Bay, The Mayor of Morpeth.
    Last year - DoxfordHall, Eshott Hall, Pitcher & Piano Newcastle, Meldon Park Morpeth, Northern Rugby Club Gosforth, Segedunum Wallsend, Priestfield Stables, Winton Estate Scotland, Morpeth Leisure Centre, Linden Hall Morpeth, Base Bar Ashington, Ashington Cricket Club, Linten Village Hall, Northgate Hospital Morpeth, Otterburn Tower, Bamburgh Castle, Ogle Castle, Morwick Dairy, Weddings Kelso, Weddings Dunns, Kenton Newcastle, Benton, Ponteland, Scots Gap, Belsay, Rowlands Gill, Black Swan Newcastle, Ellingham Hall, the Art Works Galleries Newcastle, The Oak Inn Morpeth, River Escapes, Alnwick Rugby Club, Horton Grange, Percy Park Rugby Club, Mayors Shoot Morpeth, Pastures New Equestrian

• N
    Beginner
    northumberlandbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's great thanks so much Jm2b - will put them on the list of ones to visit! Think the next few weekends are going to be busy ones! The white swan looks really nice!

Thanks Greenleaf! That's quite a few to check out. H2b can't abide golf so unfortunately the golf courses are a no-go area!! Did look at Otterburn Tower but read a few reviews that the marquee (it's permanently up) was a bit 'musty'... not sure about that one!

Thanks for all your help! Definitely making my life easier!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics