Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

belindacoles
Beginner May 2011

Seaside/Beach Wedding Theme

belindacoles, 5 of July of 2010 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has had/seen/is having a seaside or beach theme for their wedding day, but isnt getting married near or at the beach?

I have had a sudden change of heart, was having purple which no particular theme, just classic & simple - but am now finding purple EVERYWHERE I turn which is putting me off... was at the beach at the weekend and I just love all the pebbles and shells and the seaside holds lots of happy memories for me and H2B so starting thinking I would like that as a theme, would ideally change BM's dresses to a yellow or blue shade.

Some inspirational pics below - opnions please on this theme at a wedding that isnt on the beach Smiley smile

#

13 replies

Latest activity by MrsPtobe2016, 22 of July of 2016 at 09:32
  • S
    Beginner July 2011
    starla ·
    • Hide content

Hi i'm having a seaside theme, getting married next may. but me and OH have both grown up in the same seaside town so just seemed to fit.

so far we've got little glass jars filled with sweets as favors, and we're going to make mini sandcastles with the flags as the place names, a beachhut post box that i'll be making and then just general sea shells and pebbles etc still got more to figure out lol

it's quite nice because i haven't seen too many other beach/seaside themed weddings on the go atm and there are lots of different ways to approach it Smiley laugh

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married next May too Smiley smile

The sandcastles sound great, how are you going to make them?

x

• S
    Beginner July 2011
    starla ·
    • Hide content

Yea i noticed after lol we found a "recipe" lol for sand clay stuff, it's sand + corn starch + water then bake so we're going to try that at the weekend witha bit of glitter, we were just going to use like a small pail/youghurt pot something like that but in our fab 99p shop lol they had mini sandcastle molds so it must be meant ot be lol then just a con stick with a lable to look like the flag x

also we're adding seaside stuff ot eh buffet, cockles welks all that inc jellied eels at my dads request but hey we are in southend after all lol

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I was looking at some blogs earlier and saw this wedding with a seaside theme which had some lovely bits if thats any help

https://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/07/01/cape-cod-wedding/

x

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Naboo, that looks beautiful!

• T
    TakenMan ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this will help you but it may give some ideas. This is a good site i've found for beach wedding favours:

http://www.aweddinglessordinary.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=750

And this one is a brief guide on a beach themed wedding. Once again may not be useful but hopefully it will spark some ideas:

http://www.weddingsday.co.uk/beach-wedding-theme/

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks I will check out those links Smiley smile

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I love love love the cake in your original post, it is fab! I have done a beach themed necklace before:-

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Belinda!

Great theme!! we're getting married in croydon and we are having a seaside theme! we just moved to Worthing and really wanted a seaside wedding, but everyone is in croydon and fell in love with a venue up there so it made sense to have it up there - but i had my heart set on a seaside theme!

i think that cake picture just solved my cake problem! exactly what i've been looking for! thanks!! ha ha!!

we are having an aqua/turquoise colour scheme, with pebbles with people's names written on them as the place names, maybe some mr and mrs rock sweets, and thinking of centre pieces like this....

this sort of image incorporated on the invites, order of service,etc....

these sort of BM dresses/colour scheme....

and this might just help with a few more ideas....

i love those shell hearts you posted too - i want one of those hanging down from the centre of the top table i think!

i'm sure i've got loads more websites so i'll have a look for them too xxxx

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Love your ideas Maryg111, thanks for the pics!

I am going to write pebbles as place names (trying to find a pen suitable) and then have pebbles and sand as the centrepieces and hoping to have fish & chip cones for the evening buffet.

Also in October me and H2B went to Australia which is where he proposed and we did a helicopter flight over the great barrier reef, so was toying with the idea of naming tables after great barrier reef islands.

Feeling a little bit shakey about changing the theme/colour now, but now I have this new idea I am so excited! I am getting married in a converted barn so was thinking that the natural tones and feel of the barn would fit the theme well?

Have a look here at the ideas I have gathered (going to add your pics too), password is wedding

https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/421443382

• A
    Beginner May 2019
    AirBabeAmy84 ·
    • Hide content

We have recently got engaged and I have always wanted a beach themed wrddkng! There are a few memories from our relationship that has involved the beach so this would be great!

I'm sticking with our favourite colours of purple and orange but everything else will be beach theme!

Will be reading through this post carefully and looking at links for more ideas!

• J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

A beach theme was our back up plan, I love it! I have a whole Pinterest board of beach ideas, there's so much stuff on there. You could have a message in a bottle alternative guest book too which I love! I'm excited for you now haha

• M
    Beginner January 2017
    melidy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea!

Also back to the original question, OP, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a beach theme if your wedding is nowhere near the beach. If it means something to you both then I think it's the perfect choice Smiley heart There's lots of beautiful inspiration in this thread and I think a converted barn will be the perfect setting to pull it off. I also think the fact that you said you were getting excited thinking of the possibilities with the beach theme, speaks volumes - go with your instinct!

• M
    Beginner December 2016
    MrsPtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Love these ideas, especially the shell hearts!

Me and my H2B met on a boat so I am looking to incorporate some 'nautical' things into our theme (roped candle vases, a large painted anchor and some 'message in a bottle' centrepieces... must take some photos to add in to the thread ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics