Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2019

Seating chart for E-shape layout

JT2B2019, 25 of March of 2019 at 15:50 Posted on Planning 0

Hi

We're having our tables in an E-shape during our wedding breakfast, i.e. three long tables branching off the top table. I'm trying to find somewhere I can buy a seating chart to have displayed in the doorway, but none of the templates I can find are well-suited to the E-shape layout; they're more appropriate for people having a top table and lots of other tables. Does anyone have any recommendations?

On a related note, I'd like to hear how other people are displaying seating charts - is your venue providing something to display it on, like an easel? Or are you having to provide it yourself?

Any tips are welcome! Smiley smile

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

My friend did this for her wedding. She assigned each segment of table to a name (I was on Dragonfly!) and printed people's names on a piece of card for each segment. So the back of the E was the top table, this had just one name, then each of the arms of the E were split into 2.

You can then either hang them from a tree ornament, or stick them on a piece of backing card (or whatever you decide to use) in the E shape - this option is what I would do. Instead of looking at it as one large, odd shaped table, break it down.

Also - try using the table planner on Hitched, I've had a play around already, and it's pretty straight forward. You can print it too, to give you a rough draft to work from.

To answer your other question - I have purchased an easel to display mine on. I'm either going to get a cheap canvas or a corkboard and cover it in material to create my display.

Hope this helps! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics