Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Seating Order on Top Table?

Gillsy, 15 February, 2010 at 21:00 Posted on Planning 0 7

Can anybody tell me what the normal seating order is for the top table???

We have - myself, OH, 2 Bridesmaids, 1 Best Man, my mum and dad and OH's mum (his dad is dead).

I know we are seated in the centre but what side do the others go to???

Ta xx

7 replies

Latest activity by HatTrick, 15 February, 2010 at 22:27
  • S
    Beginner June 2011
    samisheen ·
    • Hide content

I have from left to right

my stepmum, grooms dad, my mum, hubby, me, my dad, groom mum, bestman

hope this helps x

• K
    Beginner April 2010
    kazndave ·
    • Hide content

Just found this on google

chief bridesmaid, oh dad, your mum, oh, you, your dad, oh mum, best man

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

Ok, hopefully I've got this right. On my top table i'm having bride and groom, my parents, his parents, BM, CBM and our two brothers.

This is how we're having it:

My brother.....CBM.....OH's Dad......My Mum.......OH......Me.....My Dad.....OH's Mum.....BM.....OH's brother

I think you're supposed to go Boy/Girl alternate but really it's completely up to you. As your H2B's Dad won't be there you could have:

BM.....BM.....Your Mum.....Groom.....You.....Your Dad.....OH's Mum.....Best Man

Would your Best Man be ok sat next to your mum on his own (I don't mean that in an offensive way!)? I was worried about my CBM sitting on her own next to OH's Dad so that why I included our brothers on the top table so she could sit next to my brother who she knows. Our Best Man knows OH's mum really well so that wasn't so much of an issue. Or if the Best Man and your mum know the BM's well you could put a BM at each end of the table?

I'm not having my other BM's on the top table so they'll sit with their families as will the rest of the million ushers we're having!!!

Sorry, that got a bit long winded. All I would say, like everything else really, you have it how you like it and feel most comfortable. x

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got 3 bridesmaids but will have them all sitting at tables with their husbands. my MOH has 2 small children who are my flowergirls so don't want her to be backwards and forwards if they're sat separately (would be a nightmare for her). i am also having my elderly auntie at the top table as it will mean the world to her.

as above, i don't think there are set rules any more (or at least, i don't really want to follow them!) just do what feels right for your wedding

xx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls for your replies - think we'll just sort out what we think is best. I just wasn't sure if there was a 'norm' for this

?

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LauraJaneRush ·
    • Hide content

We are not doing the 'norm'! I think my parents would have a fit if they had to sit next to my H2b's parents! So we are having:

BM, MIL,FIL, Groom, Bride, My Mum, My Dad.

We are not having bridesmaids on top table due to them sitting with their families/partner.

x

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

The traditional way has the parents split up so your Dad next to his Mam but I think these days, anything goes.

We're not having any parents on the top table - just us and our best mates.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I dont think my way is the traditional way, but I didnt want people feeling uncomfortable by sitting next to people that they had never met before.

so i'm having CBM... my mom... my dad... me.... OH.... FIL....MIL....BM

This is for a numberof reasons.......our parents have never met each other, my CBM and mum get on well, the best man is OH's brother so he will be sitting next to his parents. It just makes more sense. Plus I dont have to sit by the MIl this way ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics