Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsty
Curious July 2022 Nottinghamshire

Seating plan

Kirsty, 13 of June of 2022 at 20:55 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hi everyone so I'm getting married in 46 days and I still haven't done a seating plan would people say we need one if we're having our reception in a pub and just having a buffet my moh keeps telling me I don't really need one I'm just stuck on if to do one or not our guest list is quite small too there's only 40 people coming maybe less whats peoples thoughts would u do one or let people sit where they want I'm just stuck thanks for reading

8 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty, 16 of June of 2022 at 06:56
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    I think it's up to you. I'd say you don't need one if you're happy with people mixing about during the evening. It'll probably be more relaxed without specific seats.
  • K
    Beginner May 2023 Bedfordshire
    Kayleigh-Ann ·
    • Hide content

I'd personally say it completely depends on the vibe/atmosphere you're wanting from your wedding day. No seating plan is more relaxed and i don't think you need one, if you chose not to have a seating plan i would put a cute sign up advising this as you don't want lots of people asking if they should sit somewhere specific. Lots of cute sign ideas on google for inspiration.

The only thing i would say is just be mindful of if you have particular people you want sat near you obviously if there's no reserved seats this could be a bit messy.

I personally am having a seating plan but we are having a sit down meal also there's a bit of family drama i want to avoid so this way i feel i have more control by organizing who sits where and I prefer the more formal vibe etc. but this is just what works for us.

Ultimately do what works for you and what you feel would make your day the best day possible!

Seating plan 1

• Kirsty
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone we was having the parents at the top table and I do have family members who don't talk to one another so I'm just stuck on deciding on if to have one or not
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am sure people can be adult enough to avoid each other if needed if you have an open seating plan, but, if you want to ensure people are apart then it may be worth doing one to avoid you stressing on the day. As you are having a buffet it is not entirely necessary but it can make it easier as you can then get people to go to the buffet by table. You do what you feel comfortable with, is your day so do it your way!

• Kirsty
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you yeah I'm hoping they can just be adults and avoid one another we've decided not to do one we're going to have a sign up my moh going to make sure the people are apart so they don't clash
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Definitely definitely have a seating plan! Dramas aside, it's so stressful as a guest if there's not a seating plan - some people may leave one empty seat on a table, leaving a couple forced to split up or something like that. It just makes life easier for your guests.

• S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya! Congratulations 👏

Like you we are having around 40 guests with food trucks pizza / fish n chip van. So we’re not having a seating plan but fits our theme & won’t be having tables laid out formally so guests can just move a chair if needed to another table to make room. Each table will have menus / condiments etc in a rustic love create. So I really think like everything it’s personal preference alongside your theme / style of food (wedding breakfast) either way I am sure it will be wonderful xx
  • Kirsty
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you yeah we're just going with a nice sign that says pick a seat now i tried doing a seating plan but I was getting more people on just 1 table then others as no one wanted to really be sat with people they don't know and we have some people saying they might come to the reception now it's just easier to go with a sign for the people that do come x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics