Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Seating plan nightmare!

Mrsmalpass, 19 of February of 2015 at 10:50 Posted on Planning 0 6

I know its still early but ive just attempted a mock seating plan and im finding this sooo hard!! We are having 53 guests for the day time. The problem starts with my partners family, his mother and father split three years ago, they are both now remarried but it was a very bitter split so we need to keep them parted, also my father wont be attening as hes nver really been a part of my life and i dont want him giving me away ( i feel he doesnt deserve to) plus he made negative comments when we got engaged. So we are not having a top table, but seven round tables and me and my partner will seat outselfs on the outer edge. Its just this is really awkward we want everyone to sit with their groups but for example who do i sit my partners sister and her children with? His mum or dad? Gosh i dont want anyone being upset, awkward familys ehh!

6 replies

Latest activity by sarahm66, 20 of February of 2015 at 13:02
  • F
    Beginner November 2015
    FizzyPixie ·
    • Hide content

If you can put everyone on separate tables great.

Friends had a similar dilemma so they put people in the most realistic groups and then had a table for two for just them.

If you can do the easy stuff first and then when you have people like your partner's sister to place ask them their preference.

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if/how it would work for the amount of guest you have but we have 18 and also not having a top table, we plan to put a place card to mark where we are sitting and then its a free for all for everyone else, taking the pressure off us.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Have his mum on one table his dad on another and his sister and children on another. Just spread everyone out a bit, they don't necessarily have to be with people they know.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladys, i think that what i will just just split everyone up and mix them with my family that way they can all get to know each other

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

I'm inviting 65 people to our wedding for the day and the tables hold max 10, so I only really need 6 plus a top table. I've decided to go with 7 tables as it gives me a bit of room to juggle people about. It means different numbers of people on each table, but makes it easier to plan. I'm just making sure that people are in sets and then move them around. I have groups from 2 to 4 that I'll ensure are together and then mix it up. As long as everyone has at least 1 person they know on each table they will be fine Smiley smile

xx

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarahm66 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding vow renewal party once and the top table consisted of my aunt, uncle and all of their grandchildren. We're sort of replicating this by having all the kids (or rather young adults) on our table (we're having 6 round tables, no top table). I'm mixing the rest of the guests up so that they get to talk to people they don't know, although trying to keep at least one other couple on the table that know each other if this makes sense. I've been at another wedding where the bride/groom had made place names out of the person's photo with a bit of narrative below about how they knew this person and a couple of funny facts about them which was a great ice breaker. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics