Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Seating plan or no seating plan

Hayley, 10 of August of 2021 at 05:57 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hello all. We are planning a laid back, festival style wedding with marquee and fish and chip van. We were thinking of not having a seating plan. However, I have read that it means you need to allow more seats as people don't always fill a table. I just wondered what people's opinions and experiences of this were? Also, I read about sweetheart tables and feel this might be a nice chance to get together just the two of us but I'm not sure. Neither of us like a fuss or focus on us haha. Thanks.

2 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 18 of August of 2021 at 21:30
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ยท
    • Hide content

Seating Plan is my nightmare, mainly as my mum has decided she should say who sits where and with who! We are not having the traditional top table as my Dad passed away and my future in laws are separated so don't want it to be awkward for them. We are having us, MOH, Best Man and our daughter and their daughter (our flowergirl) on our top table and then put families together but I honestly was happy to just have a load of table with a sign saying find a seat! For the style of wedding you are having I think it would be nice to just have a table for the 2 of you at the top so you can look out at your guests and then load of tables and let people pick somewhere to sit and eat as it is not a formal sit down meal. Regarding extra seats, i wouldn't as it then means there would be gaps, have enough for your numbers and then people will have to fill the spaces. good luck with whatever you do!

• Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    Thanks Charlotte ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sorry you're having trouble with family and arranging seating. I hope she realises it's your wedding so should be up to you. Enjoy your day when it comes ๐Ÿ˜Š

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics