Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2025 Ceredigion

Seating Plans

Amy, 15 of February of 2024 at 15:58 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3

Can you all tell me how you are doing your seating plans for the top table for a small wedding please?

We are having a maximum of 30 people for our ceremony and wedding breakfast and then up to 100 for the evening. Not sure how to go about the layout of who sits on what table without it looking silly with only having 2 or 3 small other tables.

just after some ideas really! Was thinking maybe I should get one large rectangle table instead!

3 replies

Latest activity by Anita, 31 of May of 2024 at 12:56
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

One long table should work. Or you could have three tables of 10 each? Maybe you and the bridal party/family on one table and everyone else split between the other two? The nice thing about small weddings is that everyone gets the chance to talk to everyone else anyway, so you don't have to worry so much about seating plans.

• L
    Beginner May 2024 Somerset
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    We’re also having 30 guests for the wedding breakfast. We’re going for 5 tables and some will have more guests sat around them than others! So we’ll be on the middle table (which is round) with our parents as opposed to a ‘top table’! Otherwise I loved the idea of one big long table x
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    We have 30 day guests and wedding planner suggested just the two of us at a ‘top’ table then 5-6 at a table so 5 tables close to us. They also suggested crescent shape and removing chairs so no one sits with back to top table. We haven’t decided yet but totally understand your dilemma - a big top table leaves very few tables.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics