Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Second Dance!

10 August, 2012 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 3

Traditionally who dances with who in this dance?

Also - should it be a song thats special to the bride & groom still?

It feels a bit odd dancing with someone else to a song thats special to me and my partner?

3 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 10 August, 2012 at 16:57
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I think doing a first dance will be my limit, after that, I just want all my friends on the dance floor to throw some serious shapes.

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

We are having Proud Mary as our second song and as soon as it starts the chaos will begin!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Well these days there isn't a strict rule, but often the bride dances with dad and the groom dances with mum.

The second song is possibly relevant but doesn't have to be. Something nice though.

The bridal party / guests generally won't join unless asked so you have the choice to make a big thing about the second dance or not.

Usually though, first dance, everyone joins in, bride and groom dance with respective parents without being under everyones watchful eye. These are tender moments that I, personally, don't think should be put under the spotlight.

Like a sort of quiet acknowledgement to say 'whilst I'm all grown up now I still love you and always will' kinda thing. Lose that moment together in the crowd.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics