Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CharlotteRolfe
Curious August 2022 Devon

second dress !!!!!!!

CharlotteRolfe, 27 of June of 2022 at 14:39 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11

The big question - Would you buy another dress for the evening.

Now keeping in mind, mine isnt a big dress its fairly slim line, however i dont know whether to get a lighter dress for the evening or stay in the dress my mother in law spent £700 on :/

Opinions?

11 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 28 of June of 2022 at 21:12
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on staying in my dress all day (it's the only day I'll ever get to wear it!) but I'm going to pack a lightweight white sundress (something I already own or definitely would wear again regularly) in case I just get too boiling later on in the evening and need to change. I hope I won't need it, but it's reassuring to have it!

• CharlotteRolfe
    CharlotteRolfe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See this is my thoughts, do i get something light weight that i can wear as a just incase, then i know its there should i need it ?

Decisions decisions xx

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't, is an added cost and in honesty things went so quick I would not have had time to change. I loved staying in my dress the whole time and was nice for my evening guests to see my dress. I can understand wanting something lighter, mine was fairly heavy but to be honest once i was in it I was fine and didn't feel uncomfortable. It is personal choice but to me it seems a waste of money for such a short period of time

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it makes you feel more comfy to have a back up and is not too expensive then do it, but I am pretty sure you will end up staying in your dress!

• CharlotteRolfe
    CharlotteRolfe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like your thinking about saving money for sure , and your right as ours is mainly taking place from 3pm onwards so lots to fit in , in small space of time

xx

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why I only want to bring something I already own, or would definitely wear just as a sun dress - that way I don't feel like I've wasted a dress if I don't wear it!

• Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    I put a post very similar to this on around a couple of weeks ago. I ended up getting a second dress because there were 2 very different styles that I loved and I just couldn't decide which I liked best. Plus my first dress is quite big. I think it's good if you can get 2 within your budget but I wouldn't recommend stretching yourself budget wise for it x
  • CharlotteRolfe
    CharlotteRolfe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou Adele Smiley laugh
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2022 Swansea
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Pack a backup dress that you feel good in - it could be a nice dress something you already own, or just a lightweight dress that doesn't cost the earth that you'll wear again in the summer. I'm going to have a 2nd dress there in case I get hot and sweaty/rained on/knock a glass of wine down myself or all three - it gives me peace of mind knowing there's something else I can slip into that I feel comfy in as the dancing gets underway and if I don't need it I'll wear it another time. I was also planning on wearing the back-up as my 'going on my mini-moon' dress if it doesn't get an outing on the dancefloor. But there's absolutely no reason to blow your budget on statement second dress. Good luck! x

• A
    Curious November 2022 Durham
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    I brought an evening dress. But has Turnt up completely wrong size and not what I was wanting so I’m just sticking to my wedding dress now x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Most of my friends just brought a dress they already had (or bought one that they could wear again) to change into for leaving the reception and then either changed earlier or later depending on how much their wedding dress was bothering them!

I was planning on changing into a dress I already had toward the end of our reception, but Covid cancelled the reception anyway Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics