Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allen&Jess
Beginner May 2026 Mid Glamorgan

Second guessing

Allen&Jess, 7 of August of 2024 at 21:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

Hey

Has anyone else got a but deflated once you have booked everything then in turn second guessing the actual cost of everything when you start adding things up?

I don't know what to do and feel guilty for spending the money on a wedding. Any one else have this?

5 replies

Latest activity by Denise, 25 of August of 2024 at 15:58
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That's why it's important to work out a budget first!

What's the main problem - are you worried about affording to pay for it all, or are you worried about what people will think of you for spending so much?

If it's the second, then just don't tell anyone how much things cost. It's none of their business anyway, and unless they've recently organised a wedding themselves, they're unlikely to have the foggiest idea how much things cost in the first place.

If it's the first, that's more of a worry, but even now, you can probably do things to help. For a start, look at the things you haven't yet bought/booked and ask yourself if you really want them or if you've just added them to the list because everyone else seems to have them. Remember, the only things you really 'need' to get married are an officiant/registrar, the legal paperwork, two witnesses and each other! Everything else is optional - so don't be pushed into buying wedding signs, favours, ice cream carts, photo booths or anything else that you don't really want.

• Allen&Jess
    Beginner May 2026 Mid Glamorgan
    Allen&Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Affording it is fine really we are saving and booked it way in advance to accomodate that. I refuse to use credit cards and debt. I think it's more what other people will think I know I shouldn't care and my partner keeps telling me it's up to us etc. It's not exactly extravagant either I think I didn't realise the actual expense when you add it all up. I suffer with bad anxiety so weighing up the DIY (it's the stress of taking the stuff and bringing it home) to paying someone. My partner wants to pay decoraters for my sake as he doesn't want me getting too overwhelmed. We have 4 kids between us so that in itself is enough of a handful to try and figure out 😂
  • J
    Beginner April 2026 West Yorkshire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Yes definitely! I know probably we will afford it if we are extra vigilant but I am still worried I am gonna wake up and everything will need paying all at once! Just try do as much little bits as you can right now then work towards saving for the bigger things x

• Trisha
    Beginner May 2022 Maryland
    Trisha ·
    • Hide content

I want to talk about Dr Kumola who helped me save my relationship. If you are seeing this message now then you know am doing this because I owe this man much praises I promise to share his work with the world. He did his work & brought back home my separated lover. He does other work, you can contact him on email **.****************@*******.*** thank you.

• Denise
    Beginner May 2025 Kent
    Denise ·
    • Hide content
    Yep. I’ve been feeling the same way. 1 - because I’m a parent myself and wonder if the money could be spent elsewhere. 2 - are the costs justified and this is just what vendors cost.

I’m guess I’m a bit torn between let’s have fun/celebrate or a bit cautious I’m being caught up in the hype.
    I think like another post mentioned budget and maybe a visual reference will help settle your nerves and make sure you keep you on track. I think it’s the « Hindsight Bride » on Instagram that mentioned deciding what vendors you’ll save (Shein) spend (Zara) or splurge (Chanel) on. Is stationery a Shein, or Photography your non negotiable/Chanel splurge. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics