Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Second hand wedding dresses?

Little_MrsA2B, 1 of June of 2015 at 19:36 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi wonderful hitchers!

I think I now need to be looking for a dress, eeek! I'm not fussed about a new one (or the cost!) and plan to sell it straight away afterwards. Just wondering if anyone else had a secondhand dress?

Other than preloved, does anyone know where else I can find second hand dresses?

Thanks as always Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by Little_MrsA2B, 2 of June of 2015 at 13:08
  • halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I had a second had one which I bought from a lady who sells second hand dresses from her home. Google is your friend.

im not sure whether a dress that's been worn twice might be a bit difficult to sell. I'm wondering about the alterations really...

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Are you a member of any wedding groups on Facebook at all? If not, it could be worth joining some as there are always people selling dresses on there- sometimes new.

Only thing to be wary of when buying online is people using stock or designer photos of dresses when they're actually selling a cheap china copy. Always see in person if you can or ask for photos of the actual dress Smiley smile]

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Have you checked out charity shops - this isn't as daft as it sounds, Oxfam has an entire bridal section page! The photo's are not the best but you could find what your looking for then google images to see what they look like on etc.

A lot of the forums sell wedding dresses - sell my wedding, you and your wedding etc

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

+1 for charity shops. they have (sometimes!) some stunning gowns. often charity shops close to wedding boutiques have a few (funny that....).

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

EBay, gumtree, bride2bride, or googling the name of the dress you like with “for sale” after it? I purchased mine second hand from ebay – am currently slimming down to fit into it – but its absolutely perfect and exactly the same as the one I originally tried on – just echoing what others have said though - beware of buying from China!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your replies! I had no idea about Oxfam! And will definitely look at the other suggested places too, thanks. I was thinking more of seeing something I like and then going to try/buy/collect it rather than buying something 'blind' from China. I'm definitely avoiding that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics