Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2017

Second Marriage

SunnyBrownCakes651, 29 of August of 2016 at 17:23 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi

Just wondering if anyone on here is getting married for the second time. I am and just trying to work out if you are doing gift lists etc or just keeping it low key. We are doing something really informal but wondering if we should add about not wanting gifts and asking for contribution to a honeymoon, Also we are getting married a registry office the day before and then having a party so do I have two outfits or just one! So complicated!!

4 replies

Latest activity by LoveisLovlier, 1 of September of 2016 at 20:51
  • M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married for the second time and it will be my OHs third marriage (i keep telling him third time lucky!) I had a very small wedding first time but this time it's a big wedding. We aren't having a gift list or asking for any honeymoon contribution as between us we feel we've had enough wedding presents! but there are honeymoon wish poems that you could put on your invites.

Do you know what you want to wear to the registry office? If you have the budget and want different outfits for the registry office and party then go for it although I think if you get married in a wedding dress probably a lot of people would like to see it at the party.

• R
    Beginner April 2017
    Ratatatmilliecat ·
    • Hide content

It's also my 2nd marriage and H2B's 3rd. We're quite settled and honeymoon is already booked and paid for so we're not asking for gifts or contributions. Ours is a small wedding of about 50 so we've already discussed it with most people so they know we mean it and our guests are fine with our decision. I say that because people going to weddings do like to give gifts. I think it's fine for you to have a wedding list. Most 2nd time weddings I have been to have a gift list. It's your choice.

As for outfits, if your budget allows it and you want to then get 2 outfits.

Enjoy your wedding planning.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

My recent wedding was my second time but (but OH's first time). We had a registry office wedding followed by a reception for 50 day guests and 120 evening guests. We informed guests we didn't need wedding presents as we had been living together for 8 years and already had everything we needed. We didn't ask for anything but most people gave us money anyway.

With regard to outfits, I echo what other have said -it's up to you and your budget!

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

We have both just got married for the second time, and did the low key informal thing. Everyone was there for the registry office ceremony and meal and drinks down the pub afterwards. Limited to 40 at the registry office, and had 25 turn up. We didn't want presents etc, and if anyone asked we just said we wanted them there for the day as we've both been there already, we both have our own houses and don't need anything, so having the family's together was enough. Those who did want to give us something gave money which we spent on honeymoon, but that was up to them.

As for outfits, there was no way I was going to get a meal in my dress as well as me, and I felt a bit self conscious in it, so left a second (far less restrictive!) dress at the pub the night before so I could change into it. Wasn't worried about people seeing me as they'd all been at the ceremony anyway. If you have different people coming to the party then I'd say it would be nice to wear your dress at least for part of it so everyone can see you in it.

• L
    Beginner February 2017
    LoveisLovlier ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It's mine and my fiancé's second wedding. We're having immediate family at the registry office and then a big party afterwards. Just got to work out the venue for the party!

I went wedding dress shopping yesterday and decided to go for a much cheaper option than last time!

We've decided not to ask for anything, although we were thinking about putting on the invites that people could donate to charity if they really want to get us anything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics