Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Unlikley Bride
Rockstar July 2013

Second Meeting with the Vicar!

Unlikley Bride, 22 January, 2013 at 11:52 Posted on Planning 0 7

We filled in a form during our first visit but I'm not sure what to expect in the second visit we have coming up on Valentine's Day. Can anyone enlighten me and calm my nerves?

What sort of questions did the vicar ask/people ask at this point to help with their planning of the ceremony?

I'm thinking I need to worry about music, flowers and orders of service.

7 replies

Latest activity by Unlikley Bride, 23 January, 2013 at 09:39
  • Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

Anyone?

• B
    Beginner March 2013
    beanie-lou ·
    • Hide content

Don't panic!

We met with our vicar at the weekend - ours was more like a first and second visit in one due to our small time frame (we are getting married in just over 7 weeks).

We discussed the O of S, the hymns we would like, the music for entry, leaving, and signing of the register. We also confirmed timings and decorations, and the dates that our Banns would be read - however even though the wedding is quite close there was no pressure and we weren't expected to have everything pinned down!

Use it as a good opportunity to discuss ideas for things like your readings and hymns etc.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It was mainly what was needed for my order of services, hymns etc. It's a nice chat and ours came to our house for a cuppa x

• C
    Beginner April 2013
    clairerouth ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel, I'm also getting married at the end of April and I contacted the vicar a week or so ago and we're seeing him for a second meeting in the middle of Feb, which he said was about the right amount of time from the wedding. Give him/her a call Smiley smile

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone - I'll try to take with us ideas for readings and hymns then. I'm nervous about what the vicar may ask. I've heard about relationship counselling and marriage lessons etc being necessary and neither would really sit well with me. it's a CoE church btw.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I am CofE too. Never had any of that.

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think they call it Marriage Preparation - awh hopefully we won't come across it either.

Talking to OH about it last night he commented - it's a little bit intrusive for a couple who've been together for 11 years. I agree with him. *Fingers Crossed*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics