Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious July 2023 East Central London

Second thoughts on my wedding dress!

Honey, 30 of October of 2022 at 19:09 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
I chose my wedding dress at the start of the year (getting married summer 2023) after only trying on 6 dresses. It was a spontaneous purchase, I wasn’t planning on it but I fell in love with it instantly and jumped quite fast to get it. Ever since, I keep seeing other beautiful dresses and doubting that I rushed into mine. All the other dresses I love are extremely similar and the same style, but I can’t help thinking I’m not so in love with mine when I see others. I signed a contract so have to go with the dress I chose, but I’m wondering if anyone else has felt this way and what you did? This might be totally normal, and I’m probably anxious/overthinking. There’s so many beautiful dresses!

5 replies

Latest activity by Honey, 2 of November of 2022 at 21:02
  • R
    Savvy November 2022 Norfolk
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile So I definitely had this experience too. Looking back at the photos taken when dress shopping, I worked myself up and thought I looked better in a different one of the dresses. It all changed for me when I tried my dress on at the fitting. Although I maintain that on paper, I probably look better in the other dress in photos, it didn't give me that same FEELING inside. If I were you, I'd try and avoid looking at other dresses (I know - way easier said than done!) but also cling to the feeling you had when trying on your dress. You fell in love with it then, and I'm sure you will again when you try it on soon! Smiley heart

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The golden rule is that once you have found your dress, you need to STOP LOOKING!

There are always going to be lovely dresses out there, and it's human nature to wonder if the next one you see wouldn't be better than the one you have.

Remind yourself of how you felt when you bought the dress - you had that feeling for a reason!

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I know the feeling but I tried on a lottttt more dresses than you. I ordered mine in June and I get it in February. Just looking at the pictures there’s one dress/photo that I think I look best in but the commentary underneath (my Maid of Honour was taking notes for my other Maid of Honour who couldn’t attend - in our group chat) about the dress, it was a pretty quick no.

The one I’ve chosen I know I remember feeling amazing in, and it felt right as soon as I had it on, so I’m just having to trust my gut that I made the right choice.
  • H
    Honey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Isn’t it so difficult to just have one dress when there are so many beautiful ones? I think the pressure of picking the perfect one and seeing so many others does not help matters. You are right that we must stick to the feeling we had when we tried it on, and possibly avoid looking at any others!
  • H
    Honey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I do hope I love it even more once I try it on again ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics