Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claire
Beginner February 2023 Staffordshire

Second time around help i don't know where to start

Claire, 17 of July of 2022 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 2
Both my partner and I have been married before and have four teens between us. We don't want a huge expensive wedding, both been there and done that before. We are wanting something intimate and very relaxed. Doing the papers at the registry office but still want the dress and celebration plus some form of blessing/ceremony for friends and family. Trying to find a place that's got a bit of quirk and relaxed that doesn't require a small mortgage is a nightmare.

Completely overwhelmed by costs and what's out there. We are looking at may 2023 and really don't want to be paying double figures as we have just moved into a new house and are doing that up. Not bothered about making own decor etc I can do that as I've got two very arty teens but getting stressed about where and what
Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 20 of July of 2022 at 13:34
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We're having a statutory ceremony at the registry office and our reception at Rudyard Lake Sailing Club, which is fairly close to you We're a bit biased as we are both members but we love the relaxed feel and the mix of indoor and outdoor spaces.

We are arriving by boat, a friend is conducting a small ceremony, we're having barbeque platters served to tables and guests will go on boat trips in the afternoon. We've arranged all the decorations ourselves, a friend is arranging a grazing platter for the evening and another friend is DJing the evening disco. We've arranged this for around £7000, not including outfits, and to be honest there are things that we could have cut back on if we had wanted to. Unlike a hotel, the bar is the only thing that we have to use, the caterers and other suppliers we arranged ourselves, which helped us with our budget.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you have family who are keen to decorate, then maybe consider either hiring a village hall and a catering van (you can get some very up class ones for weddings) or a function room in a pretty country pub. I'm assuming you don't want a religious blessing ceremony, since you haven't mentioned church/mosque/temple etc, so if it's a secular one you want, there is nothing whatever to stop you writing your own - since the legal marriage has taken place at the registry office, anyone can officiate at a blessing ceremony and you can pretty much do whatever you want. Either do the ceremony between you or ask a close friend to be involved. Or get your kids to work something out with you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics