Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fayemichelle
Beginner August 2013

see through wedding dress nightmare!!!!!!

fayemichelle, 9 of June of 2013 at 21:18 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hey,

I've picked up my wedding dress which is a pronovias dress, which i'm very happy with, apart from the fact that from the waist down its very sheer!!

i never really notived this before until i've got it home to try and but underwear for it.

I need a slip that is floor length, I've tried an M&S maxi slip but its too cut off at the ankle and through the dress you can see a horizontal line going across.

Any fellow brides have a similar probem or know where i can order/buy a floor length slip or petticoat?? my dress is straight down column like

Faye xx

10 replies

Latest activity by MOMB, 10 of June of 2013 at 11:16
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Surely - surely - with a Pronovias price tag, you should not have a see through skirt??? Something has gone wrong here. Did they forget to line it?

• fayemichelle
    Beginner August 2013
    fayemichelle ·
    • Hide content

Its pronovias Darsena, which is quite a straight down dress.

I thought once it was out of the shop i'd be able to put a slip underneath, but the lines just show through it and it looks tacky, especially if its a sunny day id resemble that famous princess diana picture Smiley smile

If i cant find anything to but i'll have to get a dress maker to line it i think

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I definitely wouldn't accept that a dress with those kind of price tags is see-through. I wouldn't expect to pay more than £50 or £60 on the high street for a see-through dress.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Similar problem but I haven't solved it. I may make my own.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would request that the shop do it.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure something must be wrong. Go back to the shop and ask them to look in to it. They'll have a dressmaker who can line it for you.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Just had a quick google.. Pretty dress!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Agree with the others that there's no way I would be accepting that. You need to speak to the shop.

When I clicked on the link, I was sure I was going to read about a chinese copy that was see through, not a Pronovias dress

Lovely dress.

• H
    Beginner December 2014
    HelsB ·
    • Hide content

I echo what others have said. I'd definitely speak to the shop, it's for them to sort out.

Let us know how to get on.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I think that you will struggle to line it while maintaining the drape which is the main feature of the dress. I would recommend that you buy lingerie in a tone to match your skin and just go with the slinkiness/sexiness of the design. It is exquisite by the way; you just need to find the courage to carry it off !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics