Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Self catering barn in Sussex/kent/ surrey where guests can camp??!

Rwatts, 19 of September of 2014 at 13:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi there!

Any help would be AMAZING!

we are looking for a rustic barn type venue in the area of sussex/ kent/ surrey where our guests can camp. Don't want to spend any more than £2500 for a venue.

our main criteria are:

self catering and able to bring alcohol ( this is my mums job and wants to do it a wedding gift)

guests able to camp so toilet and shower facilities

weekend hire.

Thank you x

4 replies

Latest activity by Laura Ellen Photography, 22 of September of 2014 at 11:11
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We have booked the House Meadow in Kent which has a barn on site, meadowland and 2 gorgeous lakes- one of which has a gazebo in the middle that you can get married under. It's yours for the weekend and is dry hire.

Although camping isn't permitted on the site itself, there is a glamping camp site literally 1 minute up the road, which we've found to be more practical as it kind of gets everyone away from the site at the end of the night and limits noise, less mess etc.

Would that be ok for you, or was it an absolute must for camping to be on site?

When we booked we opted for the land only as we've also hired tipis. Land hire alone was, I believe £2060. The barn was an additional £500, so it's just a smidge over budget if you wanted both

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VintageGal ·
    • Hide content

Check Tulleys farm in Crawley x

• R
    Beginner
    Rwatts ·
    • Hide content

Thank you... Will check out house meadow thank you... If it's the perfect venue then we don't mind going over budget! ( just not too much!)

have already looked at gullets x

• R
    Beginner
    Rwatts ·
    • Hide content

Thank you... Will check out house meadow thank you... If it's the perfect venue then we don't mind going over budget! ( just not too much!)

have already looked at tulleys x

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, try these Sussex ones out...although I admit, might not tick all the boxes...

Swallowtail Hill Farm - no barn, but it's flexible and camping here is flippin' lovely (I shot a humanist wedding here and just fell in love with it)

Birling Manor - from memory, I'm pretty sure these guys are flexible, although more house than barn, but it is gorgeous

Bloomsburys in Biddenden (Kent) - no barn, but is glamping with great facilities and does take on events. It's a funny one that has to be seen - almost like the 'mystery house' on those property programmes! I had my (very relaxed) hen weekend here and loved it.

The Secret Barn - the new kid on the block, so don't know much about their flexibility

Grittenham Barn - do allow camping, is a barn, but I think are restrictive on caterers

Duncton Mills - a bit of a wild card, but worth a look because a) its so pretty, and b) they aren't a typical venue, so have lots of flexibility. OK, there's no barn, but thought I'd throw it in the mix. There's a wedding fair this weekend with Amour Events too.

Can you tell I've arranged my wedding recently!!! Hope these help!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics