Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

Self Catering venue in North of England

kharv, 24 October, 2010 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone.

First post on here as not been engaged long - all suggestions greatly appreciated...!

I'm really struggling with my venue and was wondering if anyone can help! For some reason I get really annoyed with being forced into a 'package' at wedding venues! I'm ideally trying to find somewhere that looks fantastic and can take at least 120 for a sit-down wedding breakfast and 200 for an evening reception where I can take my own caterers and wine/champagne etc.

Guyzance Hall is exactly what I'm looking for, but unfortunately they can only take 100 throughout the day and evening.

Bolton Castle fits the bill but I'm worried it's a bit too medieval.

If all else fails, any suggestions on places that have their own caterers but that are pretty flexible would also be appreciated!

I'm looking for places within a two hour drive from Leeds.

Thanks in advance!

Kate x

2 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 24 October, 2010 at 12:48
  • A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I'm in the North West myself, but looked a bit around Yorkshire,

Have a look at National Trust properties - they tend to be more flexible than Hotels etc but depends on which venue

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-events/w-hiring-2/w-wedding_ceremonies/w-wedding_ceremonies-yorkshirenortheast.htm

My brother had his reception at The Merchant Adventurers

http://www.theyorkcompany.co.uk/

I'm sure all the Yorkshire brides will be around to help!

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

How about Danby castle? not sure on amount it can hold. Not so much castle like but more farm and rustic.

Alternativly you can look to hire a field maybe look to farms or showground and put a marquee on it.

Try community centers as well.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions. Danby Castle isn't big enough unfortunately.

Would rather not have a marquee if possible.

One of the National Trust places - East Riddlesden Hall - looks quite good. Might go and have a look at that one.

Cheers - keep the ideas coming! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics