Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner January 2008

Self Catering wedding

willothewispy, 2 August, 2009 at 22:22 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi

I've got an idea of what I'd like to do for my wedding but I'm having trouble finding a venue to fit the bill and wondered if any of you had any ideas. I would ideally want to rent a large house no more than 2 hours drive from London which would sleep about 20. The plan would be to erect a marquee in their grounds so that I can organise my own caterers and bar. I've fspent hours and hours on the internet trying to find somwhere and although I've found plenty of beautiful places but they all require you use their caterering and bar.

I've spent hours and hours trying to find somewhere suitable with no luck. Does anyone know anywhere that would fit the bill?

Many thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by hely08, 3 August, 2009 at 14:07
  • DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched! What is your budget? I know a wonderful place that would fit the bill, but it costs £6,500 just to rent the place with all its bedrooms for the weekend......

• W
    Beginner January 2008
    willothewispy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the welcome. We've got a budget of about 15k so the place you know about would fit nicely within that budget.

• essexmum
    Beginner August 2009
    essexmum ·
    • Hide content

There is somewhere in Oxfordshire that rents out the barn and you use your own catering and car services, however they dont; have any accomodation (loads in the nearby village though). not sure if that helps at all but the details are here: https://friarscourt.com/ The person who runs the weddings (Jeffery) is the nicest person you would ever meet and he's so enthusiastic about everything, He'll be able to recommend accomodation and transportation as well.

• hely08
    Beginner September 2009
    hely08 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at a place where you had to do your own bar and food - they just provide the venue ! we decided it was too much work for us in the end as we had a 100 guests - the house is amazing.

its called voewood in norfolk so probably a bit further than 2 hrs - but you do get accommodation included in the cost.

HTH

hely x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics