Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2017

Sending out day/evening invitations - Help!

funnygirlthatbelle, 10 of February of 2017 at 13:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone

I don't know if I am in an usual situation, or just over thinking things, so your help is most appreciated!

We are limited to 60 guests for the ceremony and wedding breakfast, but for the evening can have up to 150. We have therefore decided to keep the day time invites to just close friends and family; for example Aunties and Uncles are invited but Cousins will only be invited to the evening reception. We have spoken to them all about this and everyone understands and is happy. However, I'm not sure how to send the invites, given that some aunties and uncles still live with the cousins. Do I send separate invites in two differently addressed envelopes?

Thank you x

6 replies

Latest activity by funnygirlthatbelle, 16 of February of 2017 at 12:34
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We sent day and evening invites - it's pretty standard Smiley smile

I'll give an example of how we did ours:

Family:

Uncle I

Aunt T

Girl M (under 18)

Boy M (over 18)

Boy B (over 18)

Uncle I, Aunt T and Girl M all received a day invitation.

Boy B and Boy M received individual evening invitations with OHs included where appropriate.

Hope this makes sense Smiley smile

x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We're sending seperate invites but or reception starts really early at around 4!

• F
    Beginner August 2017
    funnygirlthatbelle ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!

• I
    Beginner September 2017
    ivorysilk ·
    • Hide content

Thinking back to my first wedding ?

And how we are planning for this one, you would send out invites for the day do (with extension to the evening), and actually name your Aunties and Uncles. Send out a separate invite for the evening do and name those too.

e.g. Day invite - "Andrew and Claire Jones"

Night do - "Emma, David and Oscar Jones".

Don't leave things open ended at all, be specific as otherwise you could end up getting in a mess and your budget being blown

• I
    Beginner September 2017
    ivorysilk ·
    • Hide content

I meant to say, to save money you could pop both invites in a bigger envelope ?

• H
    HappyYellowBridesmaid774 ·
    • Hide content

I would go with the second option – two invitations, one for day and one for night. I’ve seen it done this way before, and it’s a clear way of getting it across.

it’s worth trying to spread by word of mouth the fact that you’re limited on space for the day, so people don’t feel offended. You may lose guests – especially if any of them have to travel.

• F
    Beginner August 2017
    funnygirlthatbelle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ivorysilk - that's exactly what i'm going to do to avoid any awkward RSVP conversations Smiley smile Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics