Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

blossom1985
Beginner January 2001

Sending out invitations and RSVP Deadline

blossom1985, 22 August, 2011 at 23:00 Posted on Planning 0 11

I am trying to get organised and give myself some time frames. My wedding is 29th January 2012 which is a Sunday so I want to send out my invitations to give people plenty of time to make arrangements (taking time off work etc) and also avoid things getting mixed up with Christmas ... without sending them out so far in advance people forget. I'm thinking mid November to send out the invitations to avoid the Christmas post etc what do you think? Part two to my question is when should I set the RSVP deadline for?

Help!!

11 replies

Latest activity by blossom1985, 25 August, 2011 at 12:52
  • D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

i am getting married 25th February 2012 we sent save the dates out in March this year, we are sending invites out end of October with rsvp of December 1st, venue needs numbers 6 weeks before so it means i can chase people towards Christmas

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Check with your venue when you need to give them final numbers, then set your RSVP deadline 2ish weeks before that so you have time to chase stragglers. Personally I would allow a month between sending them and the deadline which should allow people ample time to sort out time off work etc.

We sent ours out in early July with a deadline of (I think) 3rd August for our wedding on 10th Sept. Only had to chase about 4 people for replies.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly? I'd get them out now with an RSVP for 1st November.

I've always beleived the 'traditional deadlines' are far too short for anyone with an even remotely normal life in today's world, let alone the added complication that your big day is on a sunday.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 6th January and my invites are going out next week with an rsvp date of 15th November

We sent the Save the dates in January

x

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

We get wed nov4th- sent invites out august 1st with a rsvp date of sept 12- we've only recieved 6 rsvp's back so far ?

• Twists
    Beginner September 2011
    Twists ·
    • Hide content

I would send them out at the beginning of November. If you send them now, people will just forget. I would set your RSVP deadline to 6 weeks before the date, leaving you 2 weeks to chase RSVP's and have your final numbers ready for 4 weeks before the date which is what most venues want.

x

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

For a early September wedding i sent the day invitations out at the end of May with a end of July RSVP,for the evening invitations i sent them at the beginning of July with an August RSVP. I sent them out a bit earlier because i am having a Thursday wedding .

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

For New Year's Eve we're sending them beginning of October, RSVP 1 December. I would go a bit earlier than you are planning just because of the Christmas post.

• blossom1985
    Beginner January 2001
    blossom1985 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help much appreciated ... think I am going to go for sending the invites out mid October and an RSVP date for the first week in December ... that should give everyone enough time hopefully? I know I'll be on the phone chasing up rsvp's anyway because I know what my friends and family are like lol xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics